SALES ASSOCIATE in NEW CASTLE, PA
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Location: New Castle
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26,
2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Act as the point of contact for customers. Assist in setting and
maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Stock merchandise
adequately. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize
profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while
protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Unload trucks.
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons
and totes; store merchandise in stock room or move directly to
* Build merchandise displays.
* Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves.
* Restock recovered merchandise.
* Assist customers by locating merchandise.
* Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* Greet customers.
* Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
* Collect payment from customer and make change.
* Assist with ordering merchandise using hand-held scanners, as
* Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays when
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
* Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
* Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Frequent walking and standing
* Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 poundsOccasional climbing (using step ladder)
up to heights of six feet
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
* Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Pittsburgh , SALES ASSOCIATE in NEW CASTLE, PA, Sales , New Castle, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!