Company: Metal Powder Products
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure product using various types of measuring equipment
- Perform density and density split calculations.
- Visually inspect product.
- Record all results on required forms: PPM First Piece
- Complete Molding In-Process Forms as required.
- Notify supervisor or foreman when discrepancies are
found.Obtain plug gages needed for production.
- Verify raw materials to the Factory Work Order.
- Deliver Factory Work Order, plug gauges (if required), and all
necessary forms to the Die-Setter.
- Other duties as communicated by a supervisor or foreman.
- During the course of a shift, plant personnel will deliver the
Factory Work Order along with part samples to the First Piece
Approval Area. This is done for press setup, certain adjustments,
tooling changes or as directed by the supervisor or foreman.
- The first piece approval personnel must log information for
each inspection on to the PPM Check-In Sheet (PPM-439). This is
done for every first piece approval that is performed. This
- The first piece approval personnel will review the Factory Work
Order and perform an inspection of the sample parts provided with
the work order.
- The first piece approval process requires the documentation of
information and measurements that are collected.
- Density checks: The first piece approval personnel are required
to perform density calculations and record information onto a
Density Checks and Splits Form
- Test Sinter: The factory work order or special instruction will
state if a part is to be test sintered.
- The first piece approval personnel are responsible for
retrieving and verifying plug gages that will be needed for
measurement during the production run. Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment or
- Safety Conscious.
- Experienced knowledge of Measurement devices (Micrometers, Pin
- Experience with Comparators and Manual CMM.
- Ability to read and understand customer Blueprints.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret GD&T.
- Must have acceptable oral and written skills.
- Adequate computer skills, typing, printing, etc.
- Able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
Keywords: Metal Powder Products, Pittsburgh , Quality Technician, Professions , Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...