Building Automation Technician
Company: United Electric Supply
Location: New Castle
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
We are looking for a Systems Specialist to join our HQ in New Castle, DE. In this position you will be installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control systems. The ideal candidate has knowledge of electronics (board level troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, energy metering, power systems and building control techniques.
- Provide Controls database, graphics, programming, etc. for sequences as provided by the Design Specialist, project specifications, or other applicable sources.
- Provide accurate controls of special systems start-up and commissioning including point-to-point checkout on projects as assigned. Verify correct alarm, annunciation, and other actions by equipment, devices, panels, and annunciators of Controls projects.
- Support installation personnel on project sites.
- Provide information and support for other contractors on project site.
- Debug installation issues during both the static and dynamic start up and commissioning of building controls.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Provide start up documentation including daily logs, check out logs, commissioning documents, etc. as required for assigned projects.
- Ensure timely software backups are created for projects and software development.
- Provide service support on existing installations ensuring systems continue to meet current building occupancy codes.
- Provide service support on existing systems ensuring their proper and efficient operation as well as providing ongoing support to the facility's building engineers.
- Complete time sheets, service work orders, and other paperwork required for this position in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in preparing of as-built drawings and Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Assist in turnover of projects from Operations Team to Service Team.
- Assist Sales team during estimating phase including potential product or system demonstrations.
- Adhere to all United Electric health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Act in a safe and positive manner always, ensure that those around you do not put themselves or others at risk. Your personal safety is your responsibility.
- Complete an accident/Incident report for any safety and/or health infractions that occur or witnessed.
- Perform other duties as obvious or assigned.
- High School Diploma and 2-5 years of experience in HVAC/Controls or EPMS Systems; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with handheld computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Low voltage Building Automation or PLC controls experience required.
- HVAC or Electrical trade knowledge required.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Computer Programming language knowledge beneficial.
This is a safety sensitive position:
- Requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- Highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. Employees can expect to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
- May be involved with troubling shooting in electrical circuits, adherence to NFPA 70E Standards.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Who we are:
Keywords: United Electric Supply, Pittsburgh , Building Automation Technician, Professions , New Castle, Pennsylvania
here to apply!