Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job SummaryDAYLIGHT SHIFTWorking within the warehouse means
performing a variety of general distribution center functions.
These can include receiving, loading, and high lift operations.
Most importantly you will safely and efficiently assist the
facility in meeting daily production and customer service
requirements. (RSC-FFM)Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Ensure all quality and safety processes are followed including,
but not limited to: maintaining pallet integrity, ensuring trailers
are properly secured to dock-lock chock, and monitoring for
mis-slotted or mis-rotated merchandise.
- Move palletized product, using pallet jack to safely maneuver
stock, from staging area into tractor trailer and/or put in store
- Lift & carry cases of up to 100 lbs. from pick slots and place
them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder
level & overhead.
- Record and log applicable information on appropriate logs on
the front dock.
- Clean and sweep out trailers prior to loading product.
- Have flexibility in scheduling & availability to work the
times, shifts, days and overtime as necessary to meet the company's
- Meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product
descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management
- Receive incoming freight into the distribution center.
- Compare shipping documents to the purchase order to determine
if they are the same with regard to quantity and product
- Check all product expiration code / dates, quantity and
condition of cases and pallets.
- Report variances to appropriate supervision or department to
determine if product will be accepted or refused.
- Place correct receiving tag in proper location on each pallet
- Total the numbers on the purchase order and note variances to
the bill of lading.
- Follow all applicable safety and sanitation procedures,
including food safety procedures.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including the
safe operation of equipment and help to maintain a safe, clean work
- Put away inbound freight accurately and safely according to
- Report all merchandise discrepancies and product quality issues
to supervision including, but not limited to: damaged product,
wrong store number, poorly stacked, incorrect store number and
equipment issues. Starting Rate of Pay$16.00About UsAt Giant Eagle
Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one
giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are
the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our
GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we
are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , General Warehouse, Professions , Freedom, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...