Diesel Mechanic Technician
Company: Hill International Trucks
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:Hill International Trucks, the Tri-State areas
leading medium- and heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, is
currently looking for Diesel Technicians. The primary
responsibility of our diesel technicians is to repair and maintain
diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory
specifications. This job works out of the Eighty-Four, PA. Hill
location. Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and
accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if
requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or
service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/dispatcher immediately if
additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if
repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs,
schools, and events.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service
advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to
change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and
manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition
as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal,
state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal,
OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.MARGINAL
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Road tests vehicles when required.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCEAssociate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year
college or technical school; or six months to one year related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications preferred
but not required.
- Valid CDL Class B license, preferred but not required.PHYSICAL
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Requires bending/stooping/kneeling for long periods
- Requires frequent repetitive hand motion
- Requires frequent lifting of 5 to 50 lbs
- Requires occasional lifting of 50 to 100 lbs
- Requires performing accurate, knowledgeable, detailed work
- Occasional exposure to engine exhausts fumes
- Works overtime as requiresWORK ENVIRONMENT
- Occasional exposure to engine exhaust fumes
- Occasional exposure to hot and cold weather conditionsBENEFITS:
- Excellent pay plus bonuses
- Boot program
- Tool allowance
- Overtime pay
- Paid training
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Prescription drug coverageRequirements:PI201551499
Keywords: Hill International Trucks, Pittsburgh , Diesel Mechanic Technician, Professions , Washington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!