HVAC Service Technician
Company: Dearing Compressor
Location: New Castle
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Dearing is offering a field service technician position to the
right candidate. If you possess strong electro-mechanical skills
and a desire to develop a challenging career in the industrial
service industry we will provide the opportunity. The Field Service
Technician is responsible for the installation, service and support
of air compressors, accessories and related compressed air
products. Areas of service and support include but are not limited
to machine and application troubleshooting, performance evaluation,
equipment repair and preventative maintenance. The service
territory includes day travel throughoutPittsburgh.
- A Service Technician should be able to perform the following
with little or no supervision
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs to all Gardner Denver
compressors with a moderate amount of instruction.
- Can not only troubleshoot, but also can make the repair and
verify operation once the work is completed.
- Operate and test all Gardner Denver air compressors.
- The ability to work with in the machines controller to make
changes for better operation of the equipment and to meet the
- Ability to verify machines performance to OEM
- Ability to perform new equipment Start Up for warranty
- Perform preventative maintenance on all compressed air
components with proper direction to now include:
- Desiccant Dryers of All Types
- Refrigerated Dryers of All Types
- In-Line Filtration of All Types
- Condensate Treatment Units of All Types
- Condensate Drains of All Types
- Provide customers with complete and accurate information on air
compressors and compressed air components.
- Plan and Perform small to moderate Installations.
- Small Reciprocating Compressor Replacement
- Dryer Replacement
- In-Line Filter Replacement
- Drain Replacement
- Condensate Treatment Replacement
- Completes all forms and reports with accuracy and in
- Proficient in the use of most tools and precise measuring
- Assist in coordinating the completion of jobs.
- Identify parts needed on all service work orders, provide part
numbers and quantity needed. If further research is required turn
in work order for assistance.
- Receive daily customer signature on work order
- Receive Customer signature upon completion of job
- Document parts used / returned on work order.
- Turn in all completed work orders within 24 hours.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Experienced Mechanical and/or Electrical Skills
- Stability in employment history
- A positive Influence on the team
- Can- Do Attitude
- Have the knowledge of basic tools and provide them for
- Ability to maintain an appropriate attendance record
- Must have good initiative, dedication, problem solving skills
and enjoy working in a team environment
- Must be available to work weekends as well as overtime
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment including
temperature extremes of heat and cold, dust, noise, outdoor weather
conditions, and wear all required personal protective
- Must be physically fit including lifting up to 50 lb., pulling,
reaching, and climbing.
- Ability to pass a drug test Dearing's total rewards program
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 9 paid holidays
- 80 hours of PTO in 1st Year
- 401K retirement plan
- CompetitiveSalary Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Dearing Compressor, Pittsburgh , HVAC Service Technician, Professions , New Castle, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!