Lighting Technician Lead/Installs - Entertainment Production (Dallas, TX)
Location: New Castle
Posted on: September 25, 2022
ID: 1195Department: OperationsGemini Live Events LLC offers
custom lighting and system designs based on our client's needs and
budget. We specialize in stage lighting for all types of venues,
architectural controls, interior, and exterior lighting for
Lead Lighting Technician/Installer
This position will be located at the Gemini facility in Dallas,
This is a full time salaried exempt position
Salary will be commensurate with experience, and the range is 60K
to 68K a year.
This position will be eligible for medical, dental and vision
coverage on the 1st of the month following start date.
Ancillary benefits, including but not limited to Company 401K
program, paid vacation and paid holidays are offered at 90 days of
Lead Lighting Technician/Installer Position Overview:
This position will involve removing the client's existing equipment
and installing the new equipment. This will include running new
cable, replacing architectural stations and controls, updating
system software and firmware when necessary; hanging and focusing
the new LED stage lights, commissioning systems, and
troubleshooting systems. This position is responsible for managing
projects, ensuring on time, on budget deliverables, while
supervising crew members. This role is client facing, as well as
technical, ability to be muti-faceted and work in a variety of
environments is paramount.
Essential Function of the Lead Lighting Technician/Installer: While
not all-inclusive, the following is a list of primary and general
duties. In addition to these listed duties, this position shall
also perform other tasks as assigned, shall abide by all provisions
of the Employee Handbook, and shall participate in all company
initiatives and projects.
The Lead Lighting Technician Installer will:
1. Understand and follow DMX protocol for new lighting
installations in venues and event spaces
2. Understand networking systems for proper installation
3. Pull/run cable and make terminations successfully and safely
4. Hang and focus lighting fixtures, including LED products
5. Program lighting console(s), GrandMA, ETC, Hog etc. and able to
conduct basic training
6. Job project manager, quoting and ensuring the project is on time
and on budget
7. Must be able to work on a lift, catwalk or scaffolding.
8. Will be or will be willing to be Lift certified
9. Able to commission lighting architectural systems and will be or
willing to become a certified
factory technician, specifically ETC and Strand
10. Lighting and system design and drafting
11. Be willing to train other installers on all components of job
requirements and installations
12. Be willing to lead and supervise a crew of installers
13. Client facing and POC for the customer and/or General
Contractor, to include technical support
Required Education and Experience for the The Lead Lighting
1. Ability to follow safety protocols without exception.
2. Extensive knowledge in stage/entertainment lighting, DMX and
network and control systems.
3. Knowledge of basic warehouse operations and equipment
4. Basic skills in the safe operation of standard hand and power
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to work under
frequently tight deadlines with accuracy.
7. Ability to quickly solve problems and issues.
8. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions of supervisors
and communicate openly and
clearly with others.
9. Vectorworks proficiency preferred but not required
10. General knowledge of and understanding of safe rigging
11. Proficient at soldering connections
12. Proficient at operating a voltmeter
Work Environment of The Lead Lighting Technician Installer
This job operates in a warehouse, office, and venue/event space
environment. This role involves frequent communication with
internal employees and external contacts--via phone, email, and any
other professional means of communication necessary. The person in
this role will frequently and routinely work in a warehouse where
temperatures can fluctuate from hot to cold. This person in this
role will routinely be exposed to loud noises from both machinery
and product. This person in this role will be able to traverse
large events spaced and be able to work a min of 30 ft in the
Physical Demands of the Lead Lighting Technician/Installer
The person in this role must be able to both move about the jobsite
frequently, walk, bend, stoop, stand and climb, and at times,
remain stationary depending on the task or the shift of the day.
This person must move about occasionally inside the office to
access office machinery and to have routine contact with other
facility individuals. The person in this role must effectively
interact with employees and customers, obtain information, attend
meetings as needed to complete the essential job duties. The person
in this role must have the ability to move up to 100 lbs
occasionally, and up to 50 lbs frequently, push, pull and move or
traverse large event spaces. This person in this role will be
comfortable and will frequently work at great heights.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work of the Lead Lighting
This is a full - time position. Hours of work are typically an 8
hour day with breaks and lunches given per compliance with federal
and state laws. This person in this role will typically work an 8
am to 5 pm schedule, except during high volume periods when evening
and weekend work may be required. This position at some times will
require overtime. There may be flexible work schedules implemented
due to business needs. OT will be paid in accordance with local,
state and federal laws.
This position requires some travel, up to 50%. Travel may be mixed
-- local and outside the local area and overnight.
Preferred Education and Experience
College degree in technical theatre preferred but not required
Industry experience required, minimum 3-5 years in the
entertainment and/or installation lighting
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Live Events Productions (and its affiliated companies) is an EEO
Keywords: PYROTECNICO, Pittsburgh , Lighting Technician Lead/Installs - Entertainment Production (Dallas, TX), Professions , New Castle, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!