Packaging Material Handler - 12 Hour Day Shift
Company: Highline Aftermarket
Location: Glen Dale
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for operating
power industrial truck and machinery to move products, materials
and supplies from one area to another and to load items on trucks,
shelves, racks, and pallets.
To Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function.
* Safely use powered industrial trucks and other machinery to
efficiently transport materials and products.
* Use the companys warehouse management system (WMS) to accurately
record movement of materials and products.
* Safely and efficiently load and unload trailers, shelves, racks,
* Accurately inventory materials and product.
* Weigh materials and products and record weight on tags, labels,
and production schedules.
* Conduct daily safety check off sheets on material handling
equipment: recharge batteries and fill fuel tank.
* Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area,
machines, and equipment.
* Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to
reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing
* Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate
supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
* Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and
procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
* Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
* Exhibit familiarity with warehouse work environment and
applicable safety procedures
* Possess physical strength necessary to move and lift heavy
* Safely operate powered industrial trucks (e.g., forklifts, high
lift trucks) and other material handling equipment.
* Use a handheld computer unit to access the companys WMS.
* Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
* Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to
resolve practical problems.
* Understand written instruction and complete appropriate
documentation as directed.
* Logically troubleshoot issues and prioritize production
* Excellent problem solving capabilities and ability to identify
problems immediately and resolve matters quickly and
* Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work
duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or
increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
* Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
* Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team
members, and internal or external customers. Present information
clearly and accurately.
* Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or
increase skills, abilities, and job knowledge.
* Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
* Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
* Use equipment, resources, and time in an efficient and effective
* Use good judgment when making decisions.
* Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
* Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers,
internal/external customers, and vendors.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
An individual qualified for this job must have and maintain the
* High school degree or GED, or any satisfactory combination of
education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills,
and abilities to perform the above duties.
* Must be able to obtain forklift license through Highline
* Experience with material handling machinery and warehouse
operations is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Remain in a stationary position while loading and unloading
products in various areas of the warehouse.
* Regularly move about while unloading trucks.
* Transport products weighing up to fifty-five pounds when
* Use force between twenty-five and forty pounds when using pallet
jacks to manipulate product.
* Position oneself to retrieve products or materials from ground
* Reach overhead when unloading drums from semi-trucks.
* Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and
equipment, including forklifts.
* Ascend/descend stairs/ladders when getting in/out of fork truck
and using ladders to access high shelves to put labels away and/or
* Must be able to move about in a warehouse and manufacturing
facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members
and perform job duties.
* Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have
the ability to exchange detailed information.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of
those the associate encounters while performing the Essential
Functions of the job.
* The individual will work in an office setting in the same room as
other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and
include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Keywords: Highline Aftermarket, Pittsburgh , Packaging Material Handler - 12 Hour Day Shift, Professions , Glen Dale, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!