Transportation Safety Manager
Company: First Transit
Location: Bethel Park
Posted on: September 24, 2022
First things First: Who are we? First Transit, located in the
South Hills of Pittsburgh, is a leading transportation provider and
our goal is helping others. This is accomplished through public
transportation service as we provide an opportunity for our
passengers to maintain their freedom and independence. Our location
partners with those who are registered for the ACCESS
Transportation Program of Allegheny County. As a Safety Manager at
this location, you will be responsible for instilling our vision of
being committed to our customers, dedicated to safety, supportive
of each other, accountable for performance, and setting the highest
standard. We keep our customers at the heart of everything we do
and that is reflected in our onboarding and training process for
all new hires and current employees. First Transit Inc. is a
leading public transportation contracting and management services
provider. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. First Transit
is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays &
vacations, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and a 401(k)
- A great work environment. Safety Manager's major
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment
of an adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide
safe, efficient, service.
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training,
recommend retraining, and discipline as required.
- Conduct or assist the location management with safety training
and meetings. Review accident reports to reduce the number and
severity of accidents and maintain complete safety files (i.e.
accident reports, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury
- Maintain or coordinate complete personnel record keeping.
Maintain substance abuse file.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and
work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company
- Must be able to obtain the required license for all vehicles at
the Project location, maintain that license, and at times drive a
- Must be able to pass all requirements to be qualified as a
Vehicle Operator would at the location.
- Complete additional duties as assigned. Safety Manager
- 2 to 3 years of transportation, safety, or related
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, Transit facility, fieldwork,
maintenance facility, and Transit vehicles. **Please submit your
salary requirements for this role during the application** First
for a Reason Benefits We offer competitive compensation and
benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business),
including physical and mental health initiatives,
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation. Diversity
& Inclusion Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Transit in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others. Apply today and get your career on the road with
First Transit! We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Pittsburgh , Transportation Safety Manager, Professions , Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!