Electrical and Controls Engineer
Company: The Clorox Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Clorox, we champion people to be well and thrive by doing the
right thing, putting people at the center, and playing to win. Led
by our IGNITE strategy, we build brands that make a positive
difference in people's lives around the world. And we know that
success requires head, heart, AND guts - all three, every day -
coming together to work simpler, faster, bolder, and more
inclusively. Interested? Join us to #IgniteYourCareer!Your role at
Clorox:This is your opportunity to shine and modernize and bring
much needed technology into our Kingsford Charcoal facility located
in Parsons, WV! The Engineer in this role will provide day-to-day
leadership and engineering technical expertise to operations
departments. Lead the design and implementation of site based
capital and manufacturing improvement projects.In this role, you
- Manage and direct the work of outside engineering consultants
and construction contractors during design and implementation of
- Provide appropriate training to shift techs and technical area
owners to ensure that the necessary controls / electrical skills
are developed to meet business needs.
- Support and reinforce the implementation of Continuous
Improvement to deliver measurable and sustainable results.
- Deliver shared base business requirements and operating results
including Recordable Injury Rates, departmental cost, labor
productivity, inventory management, efficiency, planned and
- Must be comfortable working in a participative team based
environment leading teams and individuals through problem solving,
prioritizing issues and opportunities.
- Evaluates the feasibility of manufacturing, packaging, and
process systems improvements and modifications.
- Develop new PLC programs for new capital and improvement
- Create and edit Process Book displays, HMI applications, tag
databases and Ladder Logic programs.
- Manage technology infrastructure transformation initiatives, as
- Provide ownership and collaborate with the EIC group for the
appropriate change to infrastructure configuration to support the
business / technology architectures.
- Collaborate with outside contractors and resources to develop
scope, lead activities and coordinate electrical instrumentation
- Own the development and implementation of technical training of
plant personnel. i.e. Instrumentation, programming and
- Assess and approve of proposed changes affecting plant
- Manage the relationship with the business, ensuring that any
needed / approved technology infrastructure changes are scheduled
- Set up and manage issue reporting and resolution process.
- Manage multiple infrastructure setup / maintenance projects
- Ensure communication of any applicable procedure changes to key
stakeholders impacted by the change within the business / IS
- Utilize effective engineering practices to support new products
and business innovation for the plant.
- Build collaborative relationships internal and external of
plant to identify and grow technology opportunities and Improvement
- Support & Lead new product development, process improvement as
- Work effectively with Operations, Planning, Distribution,
Engineering, plant leadership and other corporate functions as
- Be a key staff leader in developing high performance work team
culture through coaching and continuous performance feedback.
- Support and lead environmental compliance as required.
- Plan, organize and execute capital projects to support plant
maintenance and operations.
- Own and Manage updates to EIC plan.What we look for:
- Experience in Electrical Engineering or Automation Controls
curriculum is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of manufacturing experience with a technical
- 2 years of PLC / controls experience
- Strong working knowledge of Allen Bradley hardware and
- Ability to develop, read and interpret P&IDs and electrical
- Working knowledge of industrial power and lighting
applications; power distribution; and MCC, conduit and wiring
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP or equivalent, and
utilization of Engineering Standards
- Problem solving, data collection, and analysis skills
- WCO / WCM / TPM / Lean Manufacturing processes and
- Proven skills effectively to document and communicate technical
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical
- Solid analytical skills
- High level of initiative and ability to drive results
- Good time management skills
- Ability to lead managers, teams and individuals through
analytical problem solving, prioritizing & trouble-shooting
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels
of the organization.We seek out and celebrate diverse backgrounds
and experiences, and we know you don't need a degree to succeed.
We're looking for fresh perspectives, a desire to bring your best,
and a non-stop drive to keep growing and learning.At Clorox, we
have a Culture of Inclusion. We believe our values-based culture
connects to our purpose and helps our people be the best versions
of themselves, professionally and personally. This means building a
workplace where every person can feel respected, valued, and fully
able to participate in our Clorox community. Learn more about our
I&D program & initiatives here.Benefits we offer to help you be
well and thrive:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in
- Health benefits and programs that support both your physical
and mental well-being
- Flexible work environment, depending on your role
- Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
- Half-day Fridays, depending on your locationPlease apply
directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any
person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based
interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as a
Clorox recruiter via unsolicited texts during these uncertain
Keywords: The Clorox Company, Pittsburgh , Electrical and Controls Engineer, Professions , Parsons, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!