Blow Mold Set-Up Technician - 12 hour night shift
Company: Highline Aftermarket Acquisition LLC
Location: Glen Dale
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Blow Mold Set-Up Technician is responsible for setting new
tooling and resolving tooling and manufacturing problems. The
individual in this position is expected to identify tooling and
machine related issues, identify corrective actions, perform
equipment repairs, direct the identification and purchase of
replacement parts, and assist supervisors in identifying issues
impacting shift performance.
To Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function.
- Take ownership of all on shift mold sets and tooling
- Assist in diagnosing production problems, tooling and machine
related issues, and fixing equipment mechanical problems.
- Develop standard operating procedures for tooling
- Ensure effective application of lock out/tag out procedures
during tooling changes and replacements.
- Develop and maintain specialty tool change boxes and carts by
- Assist team members during startup until quality production is
- Provide prompt notification of any setup issues.
- Assist with preventative and predictive maintenance
- Ensure effective and efficient shift-to-shift communications on
all shift crossover tasks.
- Perform work order tasks entered into the company's MP2
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Assist with keeping equipment in like-new condition and with
fixing of equipment/tooling breakdowns.
- Train other technicians, operators, and specialists.
- In the absence of the supervisor, assigns, directs, and
coordinates machine set up and other operations.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area,
machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to
reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing
effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate
supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and
procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to
resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer-PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and
reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate
documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and
prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the
solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing
work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or
increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers,
team members, and internal or external customers. Present
information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or
increase skills, abilities, and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job
- Use equipment, resources, and time in an efficient and
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers,
internal/external customers, and vendors.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
An individual qualified for this job must have and maintain the
- 3 or more years of related work experience, or a technical
degree related to maintenance or other related field, or any
satisfactory combination of education and experience that
demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the
Keywords: Highline Aftermarket Acquisition LLC, Pittsburgh , Blow Mold Set-Up Technician - 12 hour night shift, Professions , Glen Dale, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!