Posted on: June 25, 2022
Autonomic's open, cloud-based platform - the Transportation
Mobility Cloud - will connect the diverse components of urban
mobility systems - connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians,
city infrastructure and service providers - with the goal of
orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable
About Our ArchitectureTeam
Our team ensures that conversations are happening across Autonomic
- not always initiating them, nor always helping to focus or
navigate them, but ensuring they do happen and guiding when needed.
We also work to define the long-term vision for our platform.
- Work closely with engineering teams on designing services at a
- Active Participation in Autonomic Architecture Advisory
- Collaborate actively with engineering teams as needed to help
services achieve next levels of scale and address current
- Prototype initial implementations of key services and
- Contribute to architecture and design of next generation
services as needed
- Actively stay abreast relevant technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical
field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience building and/or architecting cloud
computing solutions (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage,
- Detailed understanding and experience with:
- Kafka and large scale, horizontally scaled, global real-time
- gRPC and Protobuf
- 5+ years of experience building and architecting globally
distributed cloud platforms
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build
relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Experience building cloud solutions with Java.
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing
highly-distributed global cloud-based systems, and experience in
network infrastructure, security, data, or application
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge of technology solutions and an understanding of
large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology
buying and evaluation process.
- Ability to learn/work with emerging technologies,
methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still
interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and
we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the
future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job
competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired
with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore
differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best
align with the competencies of the role and your specific
background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to
fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and
discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds
prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic's equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees,
all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the
recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed,
are available upon request. Please let us know if you need
assistance completing or participating in the application
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset,
and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which
different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the
duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this
culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks.
Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background
checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain
and correct any criminal history background information during the
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this
application and will, in the future, provide accurate information
throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or
omission of requested information may result in disqualification
from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired,
termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement,
that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at
will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of
satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof
of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable
Keywords: Autonomic, Pittsburgh , Architect, Professions , Toronto, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!