Machine Operator/Technician (PKG) 12 Hour Night Shift
Company: Highline Aftermarket Acquisition LLC
Location: Glen Dale
Posted on: June 25, 2022
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function.
- Safely and effectively operate and monitor machines and
equipment used in the production of products.
- Perform quality control checks in accordance with company
policy and procedures, and ensure production meets quality
standards at all times.
- Perform machine start-up, shut down, changeovers, and clean up;
ensure all production materials are readily available.
- Coordinate production, sometimes monitoring multiple production
lines at once.
- Provide guidance to team members as appropriate.
- Collect and properly record production and quality
- Adjust operations machines and equipment as needed to correct
quality and production issues.
- Perform equipment changes as indicated by the production
- Perform adjustments and routine maintenance; perform
preventative maintenance and major repair work.
- Work with others as a team and help in training of new
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area,
machines, and equipment
- Maintain and repair plant equipment including mechanical,
hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Troubleshoot issues with
machinery and equipment.
- Perform setups and changeovers of machinery.
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures related to
equipment set-up and changeover process are accurate.
- Responsible for reducing downtime associated with the lines
within the assigned zone.
- Identify, report, and correct potential and actual safety
issues within the assigned zone.
- Confirm all lockout tag out is accurate for equipment within
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of equipment within
zone. Report and track preventative maintenance
- Maintain and adjusts low voltage (less than 50V) photo-eyes,
sensors, proximity switches, etc.
- Assist in the installation of machinery.
- Maintain and repair pumps, valves, meters, gauges and
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to
reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing
effectiveness. Understand and apply lean manufacturing tools and
methodology to collaborate on continuous improvement
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate
supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and
procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent project coordination skills, managing
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong mechanical skills and interpret an extensive
variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Learn how to effectively run all of the equipment within the
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to
resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer-PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and
reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instruction and complete appropriate
documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and
prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the
solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing
work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or
increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers,
team members, and internal or external customers. Present
information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or
increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job
- Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers,
internal/external customers, and vendors.
- Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school or any satisfactory combination of education and
experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the above duties.
Physical Demands OF Essential Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Remain in a stationary position while observing or monitoring
product coming off the line.
- Transport products, materials, and parts weighing up to 65
pounds when moving products from pallet or label location to the
- Manipulate products on pallets using force of up to 35
- Position oneself to access lower levels of the line when
trouble shooting, loading cartons in the case packer, retrieving
items from ground level, and picking up pallets or products on the
lowest level of a pallet.
- Work effectively atop elevated work spaces.
- Reach overhead when handling labels and reach forward when
handling items on the line, replacing labels or working on the
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to climb over machinery and
access elevated workspaces and equipment.
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and
have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility when monitoring the line
and machinery, filling labels, and filling box making component,
and when communicating and working with other associates.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of
those the associate encounters while performing the Essential
Functions of the job.
- The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing and
production environment, which may include being exposed to work in
high/precarious places, moving machinery, marked changes in
temperature and humidity, and dust, odors and fumes. Typical noise
level is loud.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Keywords: Highline Aftermarket Acquisition LLC, Pittsburgh , Machine Operator/Technician (PKG) 12 Hour Night Shift, Professions , Glen Dale, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!