Company: Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description: The Underwriting Analyst is vital to department's
loan origination and underwriting function. The Underwriting
Analyst position is responsible for the execution of URA financing
programs, including sourcing clients, underwriting loans, and
portfolio management. An ideal candidate will have excellent
communication skills, be passionate, driven, collaborative, and
dedicated to furthering Pittsburgh's economic vitality.Job Title:
Underwriting AnalystDepartment: Commercial and Business
LendingDivisional Unit: Lending and InvestmentsPay Grade: 6Reports
to: Manager of Business LendingFull-time / ExemptEssential
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with URA Business Services and partner organizations to
widely promote loan programs across the city.
- Create connections and source deal flow throughout the City of
- Originate applications for financing, collect applicable
information and documentation; analyze and underwrite the
application; prepare and present loan proposals for internal and
loan review committee review; close approved loans; and service the
- Coordinate teamwork among URA staff, entrepreneurs and small
businesses, private funders, and others.
- Work with the Manager of Business Lending and the URA's Legal
and Compliance staff to ensure that commercial loans and grants are
originated in accordance with federal tax law, applicable
underwriting guidelines, the Urban Redevelopment Authority's
program guidelines and all other applicable local/state and federal
regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor the financial performance of borrowers and as necessary
recommend technical assistance and loan restructuring.
- Facilitate URA fa--ade program promotion, underwriting, and
execution, as requested.
- Prepare professional correspondence, credit memos, and other
- Work with businesses to connect with resources and tools (both
URA and non URA) including technical assistance.
- Represent the Commercial and Business Lending Department and
its programs to external partners and the public, as
- Work independently with general direction from the manager and
director.Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, economics, or
- Three (3) years of experience underwriting and presenting
credit and risk analysis for direct lending and investment.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills,
including verbal, written and public speaking.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products such as
word, excel, and publisher.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree preferred.
- Commercial underwriting experience in businesses and commercial
real estate is preferred.
- Experience using Salesforce, WordPress, or similar software a
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Information Gathering
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Performance
- Takes Initiative
- Personal Credibility
- Oral Communication
- Written Communications
- Interpersonal AwarenessPhysical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing,
sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on
telephone.Disclaimers:The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age,
national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation,
political, and/or union affiliation.AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF
PITTSBURGH RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT
THE URA. . Requirements:
Keywords: Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh , Underwriting Analyst, Professions , Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!