Residential Counselor BK3
Company: InVision Human Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Provides direct support to people served in a manner
consistent with the InVision Customized Services' mission and
philosophy. Responsible for implementing all aspects of support
plans. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
Responsible for the routine, emergent and follow-up medical care of
the person supported and their overall health and well-being during
the scheduled shift. Acts as the petty cash custodian. Compiles
routine documentation as outline by policy and procedure.
Mission and Philosophy
- Actively builds a meaningful relationship with the person
supported that honors the person's voice and life vision.
- Encourages and honors each person to be the decision maker in
his/her life and interacts with each person with an understanding
that the person is capable and competent.
- Encourages rather than directs each person supported and
recognizes and acts upon non-verbal feedback provided by the person
- Performs all job duties with the understanding that what is
most important is that which is important to the person
- Alters the interaction/approach being used with the person in
the moment based upon the person's verbal or non-verbal
communication and assists in deescalating situations.
- Listens to the person supported and follows their lead. Avoids
debating, arguing, advising especially during a crisis or situation
which may become a crisis.
- Seeks feedback from the person supported to ensure the person
feels heard and supported. Acknowledges mistakes and apologizes to
each person, if warranted, thus accepting joint ownership of the
- Implements each support plan as written, particularly
acknowledging a person's feelings and responding in a way that
helps to meet each person's goals and needs, without trying to
change the person or their behavior.
- Participates in all debriefing sessions which occur following
an incident and accepts feedback from each person involved and
responds promptly and positively to feedback.
- Demonstrates professionalism, dignity, and respect towards
persons supported, co-workers, management, and other associates
both within the organization and outside of the company.
- Serves as a constant positive role model with the person
supported, team members, co-workers, management, and others both
within the organization and outside the company.
- Assists in planning community and in-home activities that are
of interest to and meaningful for the person supported.
- Seeks feedback from the program specialist to ensure their
interactions are in accordance with the agency philosophy and needs
of the person supported.
- Reports any questions or concerns regarding person supported,
co-workers or the organization directly to the program
- Works with various individuals as needed and as assigned by the
Licensing and Contractual Compliance
- Maintains at all times supervision levels prescribed in support
- Maintains the cleanliness, safety and security of the home or
property, which may include but not be limited to housekeeping,
minor household repair, yard care, trash removal, laundry, and
general upkeep, in a manner consistent with InVision standards and
all regulatory and licensing requirements and reports any
- Schedules emergent, routine and follow-up medical appointments
and accurately documents the outcome of each appointment to ensure
regulatory compliance as well as the overall optimum health of the
- Ensures the overall health and well-being of the person
supported and implements recommendations from medical
- Immediately notifies program specialist of any changes in the
general medical health of the person, emergent necessary treatment
or follow-up appointments, and/or changes in medication.
- Actively and appropriately responds to and reports emergency
situations, including utilizing the emergency on-call system if
- Accurately dispenses and documents the administration of
medication in accordance with the PA State Medication
- Collects, reviews and submits to the office monthly
documentation, including but not limited to the daily notes, MAR,
fire drill, physical forms, dental forms, medical visit forms and
cash on hand reports. Reports any discrepancies or missing
documentation to the compliance specialist, in writing, at time of
submission of monthly documentation.
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to protected
health information (PHI) of the person supported as prescribed by
- Complies with all InVision Customized Services policies,
procedures and standard business practices.
- Completes all cross over responsibilities as outline in company
policy and procedures.
- Correctly and accurately completes and submits InVision
Customized Services required documents such as timesheets, expense
reports, fire drills, progress notes, physical examinations,
vehicle insurance and vehicle registration by stated
- Adheres to schedule for arrival time, scheduled appointments,
and other company related meetings. Independently tracks and
completes company required training within designated
- Monitors and reports vehicle maintenance and repairs as well as
accurately completes monthly vehicle documentation, if
- Transports the person supported to community based activities
- Responsible for planning meals, purchasing of food, and
oversight of meal preparation during assigned shifts.
- Provides full documentation of all expenditures made on behalf
of the person supported, the company, personal expense
reimbursements, or other related disbursements, ensures all
applicable budgets are followed, and immediately reports any
- Serves as a responsible petty cash per diem card
- Performs other job-related tasks, duties and responsibilities
from time to time as requested by program specialist and/or
The following constitute the behavior expectations the company has
for each employee:
- Treats everybody with dignity and respect
- Is honest and trustworthy
- Respects authority and the chain of communication
- Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn about the company
and its philosophies
- Exhibits empathy
- Respects others opinions, beliefs and position on a matter,
even if it contradicts his/her own
- Understands the importance of, and practices respectful
- Follows fundamental business etiquette and protocols
- Complies with all policies and regulations
- Projects a positive attitude and image of the company
internally and externally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required, as well as any physical requirements. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a
disability to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 3 years working in the
field of social services. Associates Degree or Bachelors of Science
or Arts in related field preferred; prior knowledge of 6400
regulations a plus. Demonstrates interest in professional growth by
reading industry related information and participating in
educational opportunities. Masters Degree may be substituted for
- Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance
- Extensive local travel
- Maintain training compliance as defined in all pertinent
- Ability to comprehend access and utilize electronic medium and
various computer programs.
- Availability during scheduled licensing and monitoring
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematical concepts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and
taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
Additional Physical Requirements
- Ability to maintain level of vigilance as described in
Customized Support Plan
- Ability to wake and respond to clients during overnight hours
- Ability to respond quickly to security system warnings
- Ability to remain in close physical proximity of individual
supported as defined in plan for supervision
Keywords: InVision Human Services, Pittsburgh , Residential Counselor BK3, Other , Washington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!