Painter - 2nd Shift
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: May 26, 2023
About JLG, an Oshkosh companyJLG began in 1969, when our
founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns
in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to
understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to
the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality
equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the
access industry. We are a global company, and our
products-including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers,
utility vehicles and accessories-can be found all over the
world.SUMMARYResponsible for the application of paint and other
coatings using electrostatic / air assist paint guns and other
automotive type paint application devices on JLG products including
government / military spec paint.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Prime, paint, and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment
- Mask, unmask, or adjust masking as necessary to ensure
specifications are met.
- Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary.Light bodywork may
- Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting
equipment, such as pumps, paint heaters, tanks, spray guns, etc.
for proper operation.
- Flush tanks, hoses and guns prior to color changeovers.
- Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions,
viscosity and consistency.
- Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as necessary in
paint, zinc, or other processes.
- Apply decals, stencils, and rust-proofing as required.
- Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include
preventative maintenance tasks.
- Inspect product before, during, after paint process to ensure
specifications are being met.
- Transport, move or guide parts, subassemblies, or assemblies
before, during, or after paint process and to next operation.This
may include moving racks or carts by hand and the use of material
handling equipment such as a fork lift or overhead crane.
- Other duties as assigned or required.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 6 plus months of painting experience in automotive or heavy
vehicle/equipment in a manufacturing, industrial, or automotive
body shop.Strong mathematical skills.Basic mechanical
- Candidate should be able to do assigned work with a minimum
amount of direction. Ability to troubleshoot and correct issues as
- 1 plus year(s) of painting experience in automotive or heavy
vehicle/equipment in manufacturing, industrial, or automotive body
shop.CRITICAL PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Safety glasses and safety shoes required at all
times.Respirator required when painting and during some paint prep
activities.Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitivelyTRAINING
- On-the-job trainingOshkosh is committed to working with and
offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with
disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to
disability for any part of the employment process, please contact
us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Pittsburgh , Painter - 2nd Shift, Other , Bedford, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...