Academic and Behavior Support Staff
Company: New Story Schools
Location: East Pittsburgh
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? - Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and
wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off,
and so much more?
New Story School in Monroeville, PA is seeking a qualified
-Academic and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team. The
Academic and Behavior Support Staff works collaboratively with
Special Education teachers and other professionals to fulfill the
individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students. Have a
great work/life balance while helping others. -Academic and
Behavior Support Staff -have a fabulous full-time schedule during
school hours M-F, 7:30 am-2:30 pm, year-round, no nights, no
weekends, no holidays; a comprehensive benefits package including
paid time off and paid school holidays; career advancement
opportunities. ; a comprehensive benefits package including paid
time off and paid school holidays; career advancement
- Assist with the implementation of each student's Individualized
Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist students in the classroom and collaborate with team
members to support goal achievement.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to
assess/monitor the progress of the student.
- Assist students during participation in special subjects such
as physical -education, vocational programs and field trip -
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with child,
parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other
personnel involved in child's educational/behavioral
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by
children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of
special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New
Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school
districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming
challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to
providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the
students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools
careers and benefits, please visit our website
To view all our open opportunities, please visit our career site at
If you are a current New Story employee, please apply through the
UKG system. Click , log in, and navigate to "Open Opportunities" to
search and apply for current open opportunities.
- Minimum 3 months paid experience working with students with
- High School or betterBehaviorsPreferred
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done wellMotivationsPreferred
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Keywords: New Story Schools, Pittsburgh , Academic and Behavior Support Staff, Other , East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!