Academic & Behavior Support Staff
Company: New Story Schools
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? - Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and
wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off,
and so much more?
New Story School in Indiana, PA is seeking a qualified -Academic
and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team and work in
collaboration with the Special Education teachers and other
professionals to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care
needs of the students. Have a great work/life balance while helping
others. -Academic and Behavior Support Staff -has a fabulous
full-time schedule during school hours M-F, 7:30 am-2:30 pm;
comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and paid
school holidays; career advancement opportunities. Are you
passionate about the special needs population?
- Assist with the implementation of each student's Individualized
Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist students in the classroom and collaborate with team
members to support goal achievement.
- Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and
- Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to
assess/monitor the progress of the student.
- Assist students during participation in special subjects such
as physical education, vocational programs and field trips.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and
maintain effective working relationships with child,
parent/guardian, multidisciplinary team members, and other
personnel involved in child's educational/behavioral
- Must have knowledge of common behavioral disorders exhibited by
children and adolescents.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of
special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New
Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts
and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges
and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to
providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the
students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools
careers and benefits, please visit our website
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done wellMotivationsPreferred
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Keywords: New Story Schools, Pittsburgh , Academic & Behavior Support Staff, Other , Weedville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!