Produce Team Member
Company: Market District
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job SummaryOur Stock Clerks have the opportunity to work in
several departments across the store. From produce to dairy to
floral, you will be ensuring that our guests have everything they
need at hand, and that our selections are stocked and ready to
impress. They make sure that each guest discovers the pleasure of
tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every
turn.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You
know that you are only successful when those around you are set up
for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the
drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to
inspire those around you.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months; sales training or related
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in retail or
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Straighten and prepare products for display by following proper
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and stocking of
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest
- Add new items to shelves by moving existing items and
displaying products appropriately and in adherence to safety
- Build displays by taking merchandise by flats from back room to
sales area and lifting product from flats to displays.
- Make cardboard bales by placing cardboard in bailer and using
paper crusher to make bales.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- In the produce department: Unload produce items from truck and
break down pallets; load flats with proper produce items to be
taken to the produce floor and hand stacked; check produce on
display for quality by visually inspecting and removing unsellable
merchandise from rack; have sufficient knowledge to answer
questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- In the health, beauty and wellness department: Educate,
demonstrate and advise guests on the ingredients and qualities of
products across a range of beauty lines; provide information and
advice on the best beauty and related products to suit the guest's
individual needs and preferences.
- In the dairy department, maintain stock level by taking
products from cooler to sales floor, opening cases and stocking on
shelves in the appropriate location.
- In the beer, liquor and wine departments, uncover any potential
underage or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to
- In the wine and beer sections: Prepare products for display;
assist customers with purchases by providing knowledgeable
recommendations and suggestions; educate customers on consumption
and food pairing; take an active role in building the store's wine
or beer assortment throughout the year and at resets.
- Meet and exceed weekly sales goals and track sales daily to
ensure goals are being met through continuous selling efforts to
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail
strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the
- Have awareness of shrink - what causes it and how to prevent
- Have knowledge of code dating.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that
embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members,
customers, vendors and the community.
- Actively support a culture of safety that includes, but is not
limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food
knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to
delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.About
UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on
shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
Keywords: Market District, Pittsburgh , Produce Team Member, Other , Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!