Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job SummaryOur Meat Cutters ensure that our guests are receiving
the best and most delicious products, presented according to their
requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service
and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll make sure that our offerings
and services promote guest loyalty, and growth and success for the
store. As a member of our Meat Team, your primary responsibility
will be to cut meat and other products for sale and ensure our
customers are provided with the freshest product possible. You'll
create and sustain an exemplary customer service atmosphere to
build lifelong relationship by focusing on understanding and
exceeding customer needs.To thrive in this position, you should be
a team player. You know that you are only successful when those
around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an
amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and
have the ability to inspire those around you.Job Description
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific
skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful
completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Experience Desired: Prior meat cutting experience
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Meat cutting
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds Job Responsibilities
- Cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product out of
the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be packaged for
- Service guests by answering questions and/or filling special
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of
internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the
Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions
and make suggestions to customers.
- Utilize knowledge of code dating.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion
for food with Team Members and guests.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the Team Member's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Make ground meat by putting course ground into the grinder then
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion
for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Unload deliveries by checking in truck.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders
to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
percentage goals.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just
food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places
for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together
to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , Meat Cutter, Other , Mars, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!