Information Systems Administrator
Company: Urban Redevelopment Authority
Posted on: September 25, 2022
This position is for an Information Technology (IT) Administrator
who will oversee all IT related functions, operations, activities,
initatives, and projects with the assistance of the organizations
Managed Service Provider (MSP). The IT Administrator will be an
essential role to the organization ensuring the IT function
provides efficient and effective technical support, guidance, and
identifies opportunities for process improvement to implement
industry best practices. The ideal candidate for this role has a
strong attention to detail, and ability to manage projects as a
subject matter expert. Job title: Information Technology (IT)
Administrator Department: Finance & IT Divisional Unit: Central
Operations Salary: $61,000-$75,000 (Based on experience, education,
etc) Pay Grade: 8 Reports to: Chief Operating Officer Essential
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Leads development and implementation processes for the
organizations IT function and various organizational/departmental
systems. Lead, track, report, and develop new technology, as
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to
minimize disruption to business operations in the event of
emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing
recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Creation and documentation of IT policies and procedures,
including review and update of historic policies.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess
operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and
other metrics and needs.
- Coordinate and lead technology on-boarding and off-boarding for
new and departing staff.
- Evaluates organizational needs and current technology available
to recommend software and hardware improvements.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors
and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource
- Implements and oversees operational budget and expenditures as
it relates to IT related systems, hardware, and software.
- Works directly with Managed Service Provider to coordinate and
escalate requests as needed.
- Conduct periodic audits of IT functions to determine gaps or
risks and recommend best practice solutions to implement or
- Regularly track, update, and coordinate distribution of IT
- Reviewing and coordinating software needs for current staff
including but not limited to: SharePoint, NetSuite, Zoom, Adobe,
DocuSign, Office Suite Licenses, etc. Develop and train staff on
best practices for electronically storing documents using
cloud-based Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or a
closely related field.
- At least 5 years of experience managing an IT function,
providing solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with computer networking, network administration, or
- At least two years of experience coordinating and leading
projects, and/or initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of computer software and hardware
systems including Microsoft office suite, desktop publishing,
- Ability to explain technical material to less technically
- Ability to coordinate and track projects efficiently.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and knowing
when to ask for assistance. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with cyber security and data protection.
- Promoting Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Thinking
- Managing Change
- Fostering Innovation
- Technical Expertise
- Analytical Thinking
- Takes Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Attention to Communication Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., standing,
sitting, reaching and stretching.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Disclaimers: The URA is an equal opportunity affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national
origin, ancestry, disability, sexual origination, political, and/or
union affiliation. AN APPLICANT MUST BE A CITY OF PITTSBURGH
RESIDENT, OR BECOME ONE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT AT THE
Keywords: Urban Redevelopment Authority, Pittsburgh , Information Systems Administrator, Other , Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!