Parkhurst - Student Worker
Company: Eat'n Park
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Parkhurst Dining, part of the Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, is a
family owned, family run company that provides culinary, dining and
catering services to over 65 organizations and universities east of
the Mississippi. We believe that food is best when made from
scratch with locally sourced ingredients, prepared with heart, &
served with a smile. This culinary experience is uniquely and
authentically Parkhurst. If you've been searching for a place where
you can do what you love, love what you do and have room to grow,
consider Parkhurst!JOB SUMMARYResponsible for performing various
duties including, but not limited to: cleaning all dishes,
silverware, and other items; preparing food in the kitchen and/or
deli; set-up, execution, and clean-up functions; following
Parkhurst Hospitality and Gold Standards, as well as recipe and
production procedures, under strict food safety and sanitary
conditions.BENEFITS--- FREE meal during your shift--- 20% discount
on any food purchase at Eat'n Park, Hello Bistro, The Porch, and
Parkhurst Dining.--- Paid time off--- Management career advancement
opportunities--- Access to continuous development with Smile
Universe--- Eligibility for 401k, vision, dental and medical
- Prepare food according to Parkhurst recipes and also enforce
the "batch" cooking method.
- Ensure the quality of the food produced, and maintain the
quality and quantity of food throughout the service period,
utilizing production sheets.
- Follow all Parkhurst Gold Standards. Uses Smile Plus
- Follow all service procedures according to Parkhurst's catering
- Follow all event sheets, diagrams, pull sheets and timelines to
successfully complete events.
- Prepare all Deli items to order and in a timely manner.
- Prepare service line for operation as instructed by Executive
Chef and/or Management. The line is to be garnished properly at all
- Check quality of food items, making sure they meet standards of
taste, appearance and correct temperature. Report any substandard
quality to the Executive Chef and/or Management.
- Serve and interact with our guests in a friendly, professional
manner. Follows Hospitality Imperatives.
- Run dishes and silverware through dish machine following proper
- Clean and maintain certain equipment and areas as designated by
- Keep sufficient supply of china, silverware, trays, cups and
glasses during service periods.
- Sweep and mop dish room floor at the end of each day, and empty
- Exercise extreme precaution and carefully follow instructions
and procedures when using chemicals.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management,
informing them of products and supplies needed.
- Maintain open lines of communication with other associates,
e.g., line servers, concerning specific information about food
items on a daily basis.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal
- Assist fellow team members at every opportunity.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by managementPHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Standing and/or walking - 100% of time.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifting up to 30 lbs.Eat'n Park Hospitality Group is
an equal opportunity employer. We focus on valuing our individual
and group differences, making our teams stronger and more engaged.
Diversity and inclusion have been a core value of ours for over 70
Keywords: Eat'n Park, Pittsburgh , Parkhurst - Student Worker, Other , Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!