Internship Direct Support Professional DSP
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Dates of Internship: May-August; Monday through Friday 7.5 hours
per dayHourly rate: $10.75FUNCTION:Enhances coursework with
real-life experience in supporting people with intellectual
disabilities and other disabilities in a community home; complies
with Chapter 6400 Regulations and the Department of Human
Services/Office of Intellectual Disabilities' standards; ensures
the health, safety, and welfare of the people supported; Supervised
by Community Homes Supervisor.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become familiar with Everyday Lives and the Person Center
- Work directly with a person to discover what is meaningful to
them. Assist the person in building an Everyday Life that is filled
with their wants, needs, and dreams.
- Assists each person in identifying their interests and hobbies.
Explore their local community for opportunities to engage in
activities that are of interest. Explore activities beyond their
local community as needed, to provide meaningful experiences that
match their interests.
- Facilitate house meetings with the people living in the home.
Encourage them to express their wants, needs, thoughts, and
feelings. Assist people in problem solving and planning, so that
their home life is as they wish for it to be.
- Acts as a contributing team member and communicates with the
Community Homes Supervisor on a regular basis; participate in
general staff meetings; communicates appropriately and effectively
- Serve as a role model of appropriate language, dress, and
- Assists each person with their direct personal care needs.
- Assists each person with the upkeep of their home.
- Adheres to the appropriate On-Call policies and procedures and
follows through with instructions given by the Community Homes
- Completes tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. This job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.Benefits: Medical & Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with low employee
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and personal
- 8 Paid holiday days
- Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, and Short-Term Disability
availableBenefits: Bonuses & Opportunities
- 403(b) Plan (All Employees) with employer contribution
- Eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- Up to $500 bonus thru Employee Referral Program
- Four free counseling sessions for you when life happens thru
the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid training
- Paid mileage for traveling between client sites and offices
with personal vehicleWho Is Achieva?Achieva is the only agency of
its type in southwestern Pennsylvania that provides lifelong
supports. From early intervention therapies and diverse housing
options to employment services and special needs trusts, Achieva
provides services throughout the entire lifespan.A matriculating
student enrolled in a two or four-year Social Service or related
degree program; must meet Act 33 and 34 requirements; must have a
valid license to drive in the State of Pennsylvania.Achieva is an
affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an
Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, or
genetic information. ACHIEVA is committed to providing access,
equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for people with
disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Heather Rendulic,
Human Resource Department, 412-995-5000 Ext. 445,
firstname.lastname@example.org.Come and spend time with us to try to find
the position that works for you!Weekly Virtual Open Interviews -
12:00 Noon to 3:00 pm - every WednesdayAccess Virtual Open
Interviews here -
Recruitment Hotline for more information at 412-995-5000 Ext.
Keywords: Achieva, Pittsburgh , Internship Direct Support Professional DSP, Other , Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!