Frozen Food Lead
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Frozen Food Leads provide leadership in the frozen food department
by directing and managing Team Members, ordering perishable and
non-perishable products and supplies and implementing merchandising
initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting
customer requirements and maximizing profits. This role also
supervises all Team Members in the frozen food department.To thrive
in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you
are only successful when those around you are set up for success.
You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow
your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those
around you.Job Description
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior Experience in the field; Customer
Service Experience; Knowledge of Market District operational
procedures; Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and
work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and
suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations
to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate training provided by a trainer to
department Team Members in order to reduce turnover, promote
efficiency and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA
requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other
departments in order to develop marketing plans that help to meet
the financial objectives of the store.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point
of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop
processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of
activities is available.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that the
store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify
candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining
- Actively support a culture of safety that includes, but is not
limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that
customer service is a significant point of difference for our
Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external
customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity
and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service
in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that
embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members,
customers, vendors and the community.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw
materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments in
accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement when
applicable, effectively utilizing Team Members and supplies to
maximize the store's profits.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , Frozen Food Lead, Other , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!