Floater Pharmacist - New Castle Area
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 15, 2021
As a Floater Pharmacist, you will consistently build relationships
with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate
and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, team member and
company outcomes.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Immunization License
and Valid CPR Certification and valid pharmacy license (multiple
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, more than 50%
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Perform all duties to contribute to the safe and efficient
dispensing of all patient orders by following all quality assurance
policy and procedures.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and
enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including
counseling and problem solving.
- Perform all duties of a Pharmacist, including but not limited
to, interpret, fill and refill prescriptions for
medications/durable medical equipment, reviewing all clinical
aspects of the prescription; maintaining
patient profiles; verifying patient receives accurate
medications/durable medical equipment.
- Assist Team Leader to provide an optimal team and patient
experience by proper delegation of work assignments and efficient
use of supplies and equipment.
- Assist Team Leader in maintaining inventories and ordering
products and supplies in order to meet patient requirements and
- Maintain a neat and sterile work environment to comply with all
company, local, state and federal government requirements.
- Review all appropriate service and business metrics and assist
team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Complete all required paperwork and have knowledge of audit
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and
- Remain informed and up to date on new drugs, therapies, and
developments in the pharmacy industry.
- Maintain professional competency and service skills. Be an
advocate for positive change in the pharmacy profession to improve,
advance, and expand both patient care and company performance.
- Continuously build professional rapport with outside partners
including physicians, nurses, medical assistants, industry
representatives and vendors.
- Perform duties of Pharmacy Team Leader and Pharmacy Technician
- Assist in mentoring/training new team members in the
- Create and maintain a positive work environment for all team
- Provide coaching and feedback to Team Members, as appropriate,
following proper guidelines.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and
- Administer immunizations and actively participate in clinical
services to optimize patient and company outcomes.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , Floater Pharmacist - New Castle Area, Other , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!