Location: Weirton, WV, USA
Department: Human Resources
The HR Generalist performs Human Resources related duties at the
plant level for our Weirton, WV location including responsibilities
in some or all the following functional areas: employee relations,
training, employment, worker’s compensation, and HR
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various
Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and
- Works closely with plant management, supervision, and HR
Manager in resolving and coaching on employee performance or
disciplinary issues and employee complaints.
- Facilitates and/or provides training including new hire
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Coordinates recruiting activities including liaison with
applicant sources, screening of applications, and interviews
applicants to match experience with specific job-related
- Works with plant management, HR Manager and Corporate HR on
hiring, lay-off and termination decisions.
- Maintains working relationship with employee association
representatives and adheres to terms of labor contract by
monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages,
hours, and working conditions.
- Primary responsibility for worker’s compensation
- Interacts with employees regarding payroll issues, concerns,
and human resource needs.
- Administers all aspects of payroll on a weekly basis for hourly
group. Work jointly with corporate payroll department.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining timekeeping
- Maintains all employee records, keeping them up to date
including administration within HRIS.
- Documents and assists supervisors with documenting employee
issues or potential disciplinary problems.
- Investigates, responds to, and represents company on
unemployment compensation matters.
- Benefits coordination including assistance with open
enrollment, employee inquiries, changes in status and new hire
- Assist with administration of plant safety requirements
including OSHA reporting, incident investigation and tracking,
training, Safety Committee, and all other safety related
administration as needed.
- Become conversant (knowledgeable) in BRC Food Safety Policy,
GMP’s, HACCP Principle and BRC Food Safety Standard and
- Administers all policies including leave-of-absence,
- Perform all other job duties as assigned, such as special
production assignments and/or projects
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
· Minimum 3-5 years human resources generalist experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related
· PHR, SHRM-CP or other equivalent certification a plus
· Experience and comfort working in a union environment.
· Knowledge of HRIS and payroll software to assure accurate
record-keeping, reporting, and administrative compliance consistent
with regulatory and internal practices. Ability to utilize
available data for assessment of current state on progress of key
· Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle
multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Displays high level of professionalism and
· Experience in establishing effective approaches to improve
· Effective in problem-solving and dispute resolution.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of employees especially
during difficult and challenging situations.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, and
This position will primarily work in an office environment where
sitting for prolong periods of time and using a computer, telephone
and other office electronics are critical. This position will also
be exposed to working on the manufacturing floor, where moving
machinery produces noises.
Who We Are:
Trivium Packaging is a global leader in metal packaging with
more than 60 locations worldwide and employs close to 8,000 people.
Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end
markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and
personal care, household care and premium beverages.
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by
bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving
excellence through their commitment and drive, and maintaining a
focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together,
our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking
sustainable metal packaging solutions.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected