Full-time - Certified Nursing Assistant - 7 South (Oncology/Respiratory Unit) Med/Surg/Telemetry
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Maryland has an opportunity for a Full-time C.N.A. for 7
South (Oncology/Respiratory Unit) Med/Surg/Telemetry)!
position qualifies for a $5,000 sign-on
Title and starting pay rate of this position may vary
based on years of
The C.N.A. provides routine resident/patient care and support
services in accordance with established policies and procedures,
and as may be directed by the nurse or physician to assure that the
highest degree of quality resident/patient care can be provided at
- Suggest and support changes within the department.
- Assume responsibility for assignment and views problems as
- Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning
of the department.
- Provide direct resident/patient care as directed by the RN and
LPN including all activities of daily living such as bathing,
feeding, dressing, transporting, toileting and ambulating
- Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and
recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks,
keeping the department and resident/patient rooms clean and
organized, cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed
linens, emptying linen hampers, keeping hallways clear of equipment
and returning equipment to proper storage.
- Responds to resident/patient needs and calls in timely
- Acquire and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate
resident/patient care delivery including, but not limited to,
ordering, charging/crediting supplies, setting up resident/patient
care equipment within the scope of the nursing assistant position
and stocking resident/patient rooms and unit supply areas.
- Deliver resident/patient nourishments and assist with feeding
as needed; fills water pitchers.
- Perform routine tests such as resident/patient weights, vital
signs and Intake &Outputs.
- Provide feedback to the RN/LPN regarding resident/patient care
and reports changes in resident/patient status in timely
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate
- Establish appropriate and effective communication
- Establish professional and respectful interpersonal
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not
limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal
trays and transporting residents/patients.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Identify and communicates learning needs to the unit
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance.
- Request assistance in planning and prioritizing activities as
- Participate in self-review as requested by the unit
- May apply, monitor and remove resident/patient restraints as
per physician or facility protocol.
- Provide diversional activities to reduce or prevent use of
- Document in the medical record according to established
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard
precautions and understands policies and procedures for blood borne
- Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to
resident/patient care and facility related information.
- Responds within the scope of the nursing assistant role to
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- If entering position as part of CNA training program, employee
has 120 days to obtain CNA.
- Students entering Nurse Aide Training classes who have
residency in PA must have a Photo ID with a PA address.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Pittsburgh , Full-time - Certified Nursing Assistant - 7 South (Oncology/Respiratory Unit) Med/Surg/Telemetry, Other , Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!