Sr. BI Business Analyst
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: October 14, 2021
What Will You Be A Part Of?
As part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) IT Analytics
Team, Sr. Business Analyst – IT will work on requirements
gathering, conduct stakeholder workshops and drive data validation
process within a project to create Analytical Instruments Group
Datamart in AWS Data lake within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Sr. BI
analyst will be interacting in a fast-paced and highly visible
business environment, finding opportunities to increase revenue,
sales, optimize manufacturing performance and effectiveness based
on data analysis.
What Will You Do?
- The Senior BI Analyst gathers requirements from the business,
articulate on what the business needs, translate that into
comprehensive functional/technical design, and coordinates with ETO
Shared Services Team to deliver the solution.
- Support Finance teams within the divisions to capture
requirements for business relevant metrics in AIG Data mart.
- Validate the data in the central database (Oracle and AWS data
lake) by identifying any gaps with original source data and
investigating the root cause.
- Work with divisional teams to understand the processes used to
generate reports currently, supporting IT to automate these
- Partner closely with technical and business teams to complete
requirements gathering, testing and successful delivery.
How Will You Get Here?
- Consistent track record as a finance analyst or business
analyst role. Experience in Finance preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Experience working with large sets of data and able to complete
data validations in a short period of time.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms,
PowerBI preferred. Ability to craft reports and mine data as
- Develop in-depth understanding of data environment and
demonstrate knowledge to build robust scalable solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, tools, and
team-based development like Jira, Atlassian suite
- Solid grasp of relational SQL databases.
- Experience with Finance reporting and CRM tools for example
Salesforce.com ERP tools such as SAP preferable.
- Good communication and project management skills, along with a
track record of building alignment and partnerships across an
?At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000
outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Pittsburgh , Sr. BI Business Analyst, Other , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!