Class A CDL Driver Loader
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Class A CDL Driver Loader
PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME
A Class A CDL Driver is responsible for the accurate,
damage-free delivery of products via tractor-trailers in an
efficient and safe manner.
- Verifying that the dock door and the trailer are safe and secured
prior to unloading the trailer.
- Meeting and maintaining established productivity standards.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety rules –
including the safe operation of equipment, following all company
policies for the return and delivery process, and helping to
maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Ensuring the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is
utilized at all times.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Driving tractor-trailers in a safe and courteous manner.
- Following all local, state, and federal driving laws and
Department of Transportation regulations and promptly report all
driving violations to company management.
- Loading and unloading pallets, products, and equipment using
pallet jacks according to proper procedures.
- Build positive relationships with store personnel by working
efficiently, assisting customers in the unloading process,
communicating issues effectively, and accepting feedback.
- Providing excellent customer service by interacting in a
professional, friendly, and helpful manner while in the stores.
- Communicating with logistics and warehouse operations personnel
to efficiently facilitate the dispatching process.
- Communicating with supervision regarding safety, equipment,
damaged goods, and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Performing safety checks on equipment at appropriate times,
including trailer temperature checks.
Shift start: Based on route
Shift length: Based on route
Union based environment - union will call from a rotating list of
names each week
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Class A CDL required At least 1-year experience of Class A CDL
driving experience Ability to pass and maintain DOT medical
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 100 lbs
- Must be at least 21+ years old
About Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle is an American supermarket chain with stores in
Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, and Maryland. The
company was founded in 1918 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and
incorporated on August 31, 1931.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , Class A CDL Driver Loader, Other , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!