Director of Laboratory Services *Up to $140k/yr*
Company: Connected Health Care, LLC
Posted on: October 14, 2021
DIRECTOR OF LABORATORY SERVICES
FULL TIME – ASCP REQUIRED
Connected Health Care has been engaged by a renowned healthcare
system near Pittsburgh, PA seeking a full-time, permanent
Laboratory Director. This is a rare opportunity to lead a team of
friendly and driven people in a world-class laboratory for a
hospital with over 300 beds.
If you are an experienced lab leader looking to grow your
career in a major hospital in a major market, this role is for
Essential Functions of the Role
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the day-to-day activities of the
Department of Pathology to ensure efficient, effective and
economical utilization of space, personnel, and other laboratory
- Plan and develop objectives and goals for the department.
- Coordinate all purchases of supplies, minor/capital equipment,
invoice payment to laboratory services.
- Direct laboratory business practices to ensure efficient and
accurate patient/institutional fees and coding.
- Establish and ensure compliance with all accrediting and
regulatory standards, i.e. JCAHO, CAP, FDA, CMS, OSHA, and other
- Participate, promote and provide educational and professional
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with laboratory
personnel, pathologists, medical staff, other departments, other
hospitals/laboratories, VHA, and vendors.
- Facilitate and support approved projects and initiatives, i.e.,
information system planning/implementation, productivity,
efficiency, and quality improvement efforts.
- Produce laboratory financial and statistical reports, i.e.,
monthly responsibility reports, laboratory charges reports, and
- Serve on committees and improvement teams to coordinate
activities as they relate to pathology, i.e., diagnostic services,
medical review, and quality assurance.
- Consult and collaborate with other laboratory directors to
achieve clinical integration, standardization, compliance, and to
capture advantage due to economies of scale.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a
competent, professional and courteous manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and
direction of the work of supervised employees using established
guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to make effective hiring and termination
- Ability to train and evaluate performance of supervised
Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology or Physical Science in
compliance with CLIA standards for lab supervision
Preferred: An advanced degree in a Healthcare related field such
as a Masters in Laboratory Science or Healthcare Administration
If you are interested in hearing more about this great
opportunity, please contact:
Jonah Rader – Senior Executive Recruiter
(512) – 337 – 8760
Keywords: Connected Health Care, LLC, Pittsburgh , Director of Laboratory Services *Up to $140k/yr*, Other , Butler, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!