Certified Nursing Assistant - Same Day Surgery
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Maryland is searching for a CNA to support our Same Day
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on
bonus! If you are a CNA seeking a change, now is your
moment to find your place at UPMC!
$5,000 sign-on bonus
Provides routine resident care and support services in accordance
with established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by
the nurse or physician to assure that the highest degree of quality
resident care can be provided at all times.
- Suggest and support changes within the department.
- Assume responsibility for assignment and views problems as
- Demonstrate awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning
of the department.
- Provide direct resident care as directed by the RN and LPN
including all activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding,
dressing, transporting, toileting and ambulating residents.
- Maintain an environment conducive to resident safety and
recovery including, but not limited to, completing safety checks,
keeping the department and resident rooms clean and organized,
cleaning department specific equipment, changing bed linens,
emptying linen hampers, keeping hallways clear of equipment and
returning equipment to proper storage.
- Responds to resident needs and calls in timely manner.
- Acquire and distribute supplies and equipment to facilitate
resident care delivery including, but not limited to, ordering,
charging/crediting supplies, setting up resident care equipment
within the scope of the nursing assistant position and stocking
resident rooms and unit supply areas.
- Deliver resident nourishments and assist with feeding as
needed; fills water pitchers.
- Perform routine tests such as resident weights, vital signs and
Intake & Outputs.
- Provide feedback to the RN/LPN regarding resident care and
reports changes in resident status in timely manner.
- Assure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate
- Establish appropriate and effective communication
- Establish professional and respectful interpersonal
- Contribute to the universal unit activities including, but not
limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal
trays and transporting residents.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Identify and communicates learning needs to the unit
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance.
- Request assistance in planning and prioritizing activities as
- Participate in self-review as requested by the unit
- May apply, monitor and remove resident restraints as per
physician or facility protocol.
- Provide diversional activities to reduce or prevent use of
- Document in the medical record according to established
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard
precautions and understands policies and procedures for blood borne
- Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to
resident care and facility related information.
- Responds within the scope of the nursing assistant role to
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and transfer techniques.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- If entering position as part of CNA training program, employee
has 120 days to obtain CNA Students entering Nurse Aide Training
classes who have residency in PA must have a Photo ID with a PA
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Pittsburgh , Certified Nursing Assistant - Same Day Surgery, Other , Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!