Company: United States Steel Corporation
Location: West Mifflin
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Mon Valley Works plant in Pittsburgh, Pa. currently has
openings for college students to join our Process Control and
Information Technology organization. The Plant Process Control
Co-op position affords the opportunity to apply educational
experiences to real world industrial applications. Experiences are
offered that encompass both existing system maintenance /
enhancements, as well as ground up design, development and
installation of new systems and processes, focused on productivity
and quality improvements. Strong mentoring by seasoned Control
Engineers ensures a mutually beneficial work experience.
As an integral part of this highly skilled, innovative team, you
will play a significant role in providing critical services to our
production operations. The successful candidate will be responsible
for the design, development, testing and support of process control
- Support the critical steel making operations at Mon Valley
Works by ensuring that process control systems are highly
- Identify, participate in, and / or lead high impact process
control projects that result in improvements to safety, quality,
production yield and / or financial benefits.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Research & Technology,
Engineering, and Plant Operations Leadership to define process
control strategy and develop solutions.
- Partner with plant operations and global peer leaders to
develop, support, and champion the application of process control
- Work closely with operations teams to understand requirements
and identify improvement opportunities; translate into project or
minor enhancement specifications, complete with work estimates and
- Learn Business Operations
- Develop and maintain mathematical models, reporting, screen
design, and web page development.
- Support production servers, applications, SCADA systems and
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer
Engineering or other computer-related degree.
- Candidates must be a Sophomore or Junior as of January 1st,
2021 and be in good academic standing.
- Must have taken at least one programming language class
- Advanced Programming and software design experience a plus
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Keywords: United States Steel Corporation, Pittsburgh , Student Employee, Other , West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!