Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: Stonerise Healthcare LLC
Location: New Martinsville
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Full-time PTA - New Martinsville
At Stonerise Home Health, our mission goes beyond compassion and
improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we
work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Stonerise Home Health is currently seeking a Physical Therapist
Assistant. This position is responsible for the treatment,
implementation and documentation of patient's status under the
direct supervision of the Physical Therapist according to the
physician plan of care and orders.
Join us and benefit from the Stonerise difference. Our core
values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of
a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow
members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you'll benefit from:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
- And more!
- Provides and conducts treatment, education and clinical
recommendations according to the scope of practice as a Physical
Therapist Assistant (PTA) from the American Physical Therapy
Association (APTA) addressing movement dysfunction from disorders
of the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, integumentary, and
- Abides bylaws provided by APTA
- Carries out plan of care established by the PT in accordance
with the physician's Plan of Care.
- Collaborates with the PT in assisting the physician in
assessment and modifications to the plan of care.
- Implements the PT plan of care developed by the PT and signed
by the physician.
- Supervised by the registered PT.
- Treats patients according to the plan of care established by
the PT addressing disorders of the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular,
integumentary, and cardiopulmonary systems
- Demonstrates discipline specific competency in the skills
required by the care center/facility.
- Provides clinical recommendations based on patient need.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports changes in the
patient's condition to the PT, physician and/or other appropriate
staff as necessary.
- Participates and provides discipline specific instruction to
patients, families, caregivers and staff.
- Provides clinical recommendations and referrals to other
physicians, clinicians, healthcare professionals or support
services based on the patient and caregiver needs
- Meets documentation requirements for evaluation,
short-term/long-term goals, re-assessment, daily notes and
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient, family and
caregiver regarding procedures and other care needs as appropriate
to the patient's condition. Utilizes educational material as
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized documentation
on every patient with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate documentation per care center
- Participates in continued professional development and
enhancement of clinical knowledge through continuing education and
peer reviewed literature.
- Cooperates and consults with appropriate staff to provide staff
education when requested.
- Participates in department, care center, and company meetings
as needed or requested
- Provides in-services to other staff and outside referral
sources, associations and/or support groups as needed or
- Provides clinical support of students and new graduate
clinicians as needed or requested.
Education and Qualifications:
- Physical Therapy Assistants must be licensed, registered or
certified as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Current and unencumbered license and/or certified as a Physical
Therapist Assistant within the state of West Virginia
- One year (1) of Physical Therapy Assistant experience preferred
but not required.
- Current CPR certification
- Maintains professional licensure/certification according to
state and national governing bodies
- Participates in continuing education courses for clinical
- Maintains current personnel file information and provides
information to care center in timely manner
- Continue professional development to enhance clinical practice.
Setting own development challenges and volunteers to learn
Keywords: Stonerise Healthcare LLC, Pittsburgh , Physical Therapist Assistant, Other , New Martinsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!