Solution Architect - Ecommerce, Retail, Marketing Technology
Company: Dick's Sporting Goods
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This Solution Architect role is responsible for leading
technology solutioning for our emerging retail, ecommerce and
digital marketing investments, including driving innovations and
digital transformations around seamless personalized omnichannel
A Solution Architect works across many functions to drive a
solution-driven design outcome for business initiatives. They work
with product management, business leaders, domain architects,
program management, and engineering leaders to build a
well-designed solution view. A Solution Architect is a bridge
between these teams thinking end-to-end.
The Solution Architect will own and drive the creation of a
solution design for a Dicks Sporting Goods initiative. They deliver
this by working with business and product management to translate
business goals into capability views. They work with domain
architects, platform leaders, cloud leaders, and product
engineering to include reference patterns, meet enterprise
standards, cross-domain design, and foundational needs. They
incorporate inputs from security and reliability engineering for
non-functional requirements. Finally, they work with product
management and engineering to create the estimates, optionality,
risks, and feasibility into a roadmap.
The Solution Architect drives end-to-end design for our most
significant opportunities at Dicks Sporting Goods through their
leadership and output. They are a catalyst to bringing the
next-generation experiences for our athletes and teammates to
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Stays current on emerging technical trends, patterns, and
solutions for domain. Acts as resident expert for how digital
experience and retail are changing and influences business and
- Recommends, leads and participates in solution architecture
work for domains ensuring that the architecture strategy is
consistent with long-term business objectives.
- Drives execution for large business initiatives including
documentation, roadmaps, communication and alignment of domain
architecture into business, product and technical plans.
- Aligns solution to platform, data, cloud and reference
architecture patterns and capabilities.
- Acts as the end-to-end technical architecture lead for
initiatives to communicate design, context and considerations.
- Produces and maintains solution views and roadmaps. Ensures
these are accurate, pragmatic and actionable within product teams
and to business leaders.
- Maintains a consistent solution architecture design. Maintains
views into current state, risks and recommendations towards
- Organizes discussions, planning and technical design for
solution with engineering leadership. Helps assist and drive domain
roadmap vision into actionable steps for engineering leaders.
- Mentors mid-level engineers in solution architecture
- Leads and organizes applications of patterns, approaches,
practices and technical design maturity to a business
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates
the technical system architecture requirements based on changing
technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current, and
upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Acts as lead for technical architecture for one or more
business solutions that ensures critical thinking, security
standards compliance, collaboration, alignment versus broader
architecture decisions and input into domain roadmaps.
- Finds ways to embed processes, patterns, tooling and automation
to improve architectural maturity.
- Updates and maintains technical domain leadership on reviews,
risks and domain technical direction.
- Responsible for ensuring that architected solutions are
implemented to standards
We are open to this role being remote.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other Engineering with
additional job experience
- 7 to 10 years of experience as a technical architect for a
major technology implementation
- Retail experience a plus
- Experience in leading complex, cross-functional problem-solving
- Outstanding knowledge on coding languages such as Swift, Obj-C,
C , Java, C#, Golang, Python
- Experience designing solutions for retail, e-commerce, and
- Strong understanding of system deployment and development
patterns for scale including blue/green, red/black, canary, CI/CD,
and resiliency engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of security domain, standards and
- Experience in an agile development environment within a product
- Experience with a variety of software stacks/technologies
including but not limited to various cloud services, Java, .Net,
- Experience with working directly with Product Management and
Business Leaders on capability sequencing, scoping, and dependency
- Experience delivery Reference, Solution, Data and
Infrastructure architecture including Reference
- Experience in leveraging Machine Learning / AI and NLP
components in a solution.
Keywords: Dick's Sporting Goods, Pittsburgh , Solution Architect - Ecommerce, Retail, Marketing Technology, Other , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!