Don't just live life.love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to
create memories for our residents! If you are a compassionate Nurse
who has the heart for providing exceptional care and and you have
the desire to create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want
to talk to you!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by
our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in
your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create
your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to
become a Licensed Practical Nurse at Friendship Village of South
Hills, a CCRC community located in Upper St. Clair, Pennsylvania.
The shift that we are currently seeking is 11pm-7:30am.
The Licensed Nurse is responsible for rendering nursing care in
assigned area in terms of individualized resident needs, according
to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with
recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established
standards based on the scope of practical nursing.
A few other details about the role:
- Participate with members of the interdisciplinary team to
review, plan, coordinate and evaluate resident's care.
- Document the resident condition and nursing needs accurately
and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and
reactions regarding residents in a timely manner.
- Develop, direct and monitor nursing assistant assignments and
adjust based on census and level of care required.
- Communicate staffing problems and needs to supervisor. Escalate
team member performance issues to supervisor and participate in
counseling and disciplinary action.
- Execute treatments as necessary and document reactions to
medications and treatments.
- Generate, prepare, administrate and chart all medications.
- Initiate physician orders, verify all orders received are
transcribed accurately in electronic records and treatment plan,
administer medications and provide treatments according to
- Facilitate communication with families regarding change in
medications and/or changes in the resident.
- Establish protocol to ensure care plans are continually
reviewed for updated and accurate data that represents the
individuality of the resident.
- Coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers in order to
deliver quality customer service.
- Introduce an accurate and thorough report to the on-coming
shift in order to ensure the continuity of maximum resident
- Direct team members in emergency situations and contact
appropriate parties as needed. Orchestrate investigation, corrects
and follows up on resident and family concerns as needed in a
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in
accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service
culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service
pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
And here's what you need to apply:
- Licensed Practical Nurse graduate from an accredited nursing
- One year experience working in a long-term care facility.
- Certifications and Licensed Practical Nurse license and other
licensure required by state regulations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of
the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence
within the center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care.
Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through
empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through
professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common
courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and
recommending or implementing process improvements.
- Shows respect and courtesy for fellow team mates by working
together to get the job well done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce
or resolve conflict.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just
the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the
support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life
and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is
one of the nation's largest senior living provider of non-profit
retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over
$340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace
Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help
create exceptional, financially sound communities where people
could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The
organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating
communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves
over 5,100 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
- Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
- Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire,
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
- Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
- The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
- Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement,
please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.