Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Our coke making facility is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance
Supervisor with Planning skills at Mountain State Carbon in
Follansbee, West Virginia. Mountain State Carbon is located in the
northern panhandle of West Virginia on the Ohio River. The facility
consists of one six meter battery and three three-meter batteries
with a total coke making capacity in excess of one million tons per
year. The Maintenance Supervisor will direct mechanical maintenance
activities and planning to ensure that maximum operational need is
realized for the entire operation.
- Supervise hourly mechanical maintenance employees at our
chemical plant, boiler operations, and planning.
- Requires technical proficiency to supervise maintenance
activities and assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues in
all areas of operations.
- Establish priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Coordinate and effectively manage the day to day maintenance
activities, this includes employees and contractors, equipment and
- Provides direction to the maintenance employees in Utilities
(Air, Steam, Water, Nitrogen, Ammonia, etc.) and Wastewater
facilities to assure production demands are met.
- Maintain equipment to ensure proper function and
- Supervise maintenance planner schedulers and storeroom
employees to ensure a maintenance plan is well made and carried
- Model and lead activities to ensure the safety of self and
others; ensure safe work practices and work environments.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to creating a safety
- Ensure that employees are trained properly and that appropriate
safety equipment and materials are available and used at all times
by employees and other staff.
- Report and provide timely notification of incidents in
accordance with regulations and policies; confirm receipt of urgent
information to appropriate managers and others.
- Ensure safety and environmental guidelines are met and coached
- Duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager to support plant
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or equivalent experience
- Cokemaking work experience preferred
- Must have strong mechanical background
- Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and utility systems
including air, steam, water, nitrogen, ammonia, boiler systems,
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communications
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send
an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-(312) 899-3097
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Do not email your application materials to this email
address. Application materials sent to this email address will not
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status,
disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity),
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The following links provide information regarding your Equal
Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO
is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct
pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., Pittsburgh , Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Follansbee, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!