Company: Giant Eagle, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- In conjunction with leadership, manage the GetGo MTO Beverage
categories to achieve annual financial goals including sales
objectives, gross margin, shrink, known loss, inventory turns and
service level, making strategic and tactical adjustments as
- Assist in the development of strategic plan and annual
operating plan (budget) in accordance with GetGo Fresh LOB
strategic goals and in partnership with leadership.
- Directly responsible for all MTO Beverage category including
assortment, pricing strategy, promotion, planning and day to day
operation of the business.
- Identify new suppliers and add/discontinue products to maintain
a variety of products.
- Lead department design, layouts, and equipment evaluation for
the development of GetGo stores; including remodel and design
changes to existing stores.
- Source innovative new beverage products, ideas, and promotions
including the ability to get in/out of trends quickly, to includes
seasonal and event opportunities.
- Collaborates cross-functionally by developing and maintaining
key business relationships with Category Management, Operations,
Marketing, Accounting, Business Analysis, and outside vendors or
suppliers to effectively manage existing, and implement new
products, programs, and category initiatives.
- Manages key vendor relationships including, but not limited to,
responding to vendor requests, contract negotiations, pricing
discrepancies, rebate processing, and troubleshooting any
- Monitors the industry and competitive landscape. Analyzes
internal data such as sales, sourcing, and pricing. Identifies
patterns and market trends to help refine product strategies.
- Design and execute consumer/customer insights focused business
plan with the end goal being increased share and household
penetration, frequency of shops and basket size.
- Represents the category in various cross-functional meetings
and manages various ad-hoc special projects for the category as
- Collaborate with leadership to create robust and intentional 1,
2, and 3-year category plans.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, business, or related field
preferred. Other combinations of job-related experience and
education that meet the requirements may be substituted
- Restaurant, QSR, or Beverage Retail Management preferred
- Beverage and Hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the alcohol, beverages, and coffee is
- Merchandising, Product and Analytical Skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understanding of merchandising functions and tools
- Able to work quickly and independently in a deadline-driven
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to train others on product specifics
- Maintain schedule flexibility when working on specific
Shared Value Expectations:
- Giant Eagle Team Members are expected to demonstrate our Common
Purpose in all aspects of their responsibilities: Together, we
improve people's everyday lives and well-being. We recognize that
respect for our Team Members drives our success and generates
positive outcomes for our customers, communities, and
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Inc., Pittsburgh , Category Manager, Other , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!