This position is located in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives
industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality
explosives products throughout North America, Australia and
selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that's great about Dyno Nobel: OUR
culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly
our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot
Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market
industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to
customers around the world.
What You'll Do
As the Assistant Warehouse Specialist, you will ensure safe,
secure, and efficient storage and delivery of explosive products in
compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
Manage inventory transactions related to receipt and distribution
of products ensuring accuracy of inventory records. You will be
responsible for providing personal interface with customers
focusing on delivery performance and service. Other duties will
- Stage, load or unload product onto designated trucks or
- Must understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures,
company directives, safety rules and plant policies
- Support business improvement initiatives and ensures
participation from all areas of responsibility.
- Must be responsible for the accurate account of finished goods
- Responsible for security and accountability of explosive
materials in storage through delivery to customer.
- Maintaining accurate records required by regulatory
- Safe and efficient operations of Box trucks, Ottawa truck, and
all over the road trucks
- Safe and efficient operations of pallet jacks, fork lifts and
shrink wrap machines.
- Routine maintenance around the site such as shoveling snow,
painting, and small repairs.
- Demonstrate and/or lead the commitment to the pursuit of
achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety.
- Ensure compliance with applicable HSE performance standards,
objectives, and regulations
What We're Looking For:
High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Must have basic computer literacy skills. Previous experience
with SAP and Omnitrax preferred, but not required.
Requires CDL License (Class A or B) with Hazmat Endorsement (may
consider those who are in the process of obtaining Hazmat)
Must be 21 years old.
Inventory control experience preferred.
Must be willing to undergo and pass an ATF background check as
required to be a possessor of explosives
Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Knowledge of safe operations of a fork lift, pallet jacks and
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation + 11 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions +
dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from
1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People - Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Dyno Nobel
is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all
qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, protected
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by law.