Home & Community Direct Support Professional
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Merakey is currently seeking a Direct Support Professional to
join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD)
division in Punxsutawney, PA and surrounding areas.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and
education non-profit provider offering a breadth of integrated
services to individuals and communities across the country. We
leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and
new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their
families, public and private healthcare funders and community
partner organizations. The work of Merakey is anchored in the firm
belief that it is every individual's right to achieve growth,
dignity, and fulfillment in their lives. Surrounding professional
staff with the best in technology and supports, Merakey is a leader
in the industry and remains committed to helping people...one
individual at a time.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- Fee-For-Service model (Per Diem or PRN) including mileage
reimbursement for travel
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Balance
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in
education and human services
Rate of pay: $14.00
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Assure health and safety of individual you are providing
- Guide the individual to achieve a desired outcome listed in the
- Respectfully listen to and communicate with individuals,
families, coworkers, management, and community members
- Facilitate opportunities for community access, participation,
and membership for each individual, including safe
- Protect the individual's dignity in the home and
- Providing individualized care, activities of daily living,
including proper maintenance of living area, and guiding residents
in leisure activities, work, and day programming.
- Work is performed in accordance with appropriate procedures
according to the individuals Person Centered Plan / Individual
Support Plan (ISP) and also the direction of the Program Specialist
who reviews daily documentation notes, provides input and guidance,
and facilitates in person meetings on a quarterly basis.
- DSP's schedule will be based off the needs of the individual as
outlined in their ISP.
Check us out online at http://www.Merakey.org or on Facebook
Click on Merakey Career Center under Career Opportunities
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to
email your resume directly to our recruiter at
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Age 18 or older
- Verifiable High School Diploma / GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Travel up to 25 miles per day in the local community may be
required (travel reimbursement of $ .45/mi and paid travel time).
Activity expenses reimbursed.
Keywords: Merakey, Pittsburgh , Home & Community Direct Support Professional, Other , Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!