Company: Beemac Logistics
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Port of Beemac is a 24/7 operation and we are seeking Crane
Operators. Forklift and Crane experience is a plus, but not a
requirement. We will train you if necessary. We have two,
10-12-hour shifts starting at 7AM or 7PM. Please do not apply if
you are not flexible on schedules. The facility in Leetsdale is an
unheated/non-air-conditioned port. You will be working outside. We
require you have reliable transportation to and from our business
because our shifts will change from time to time. We offer
competitive hourly wages, and we are looking for hardworking,
quick-thinking, self-motivated people. Hourly wage ranging from $15
to $20 per hour depending on experience. Candidates must be able to
pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- Operates and maintains 45-ton Overhead River Crane or
- Safe, efficient operation of Hydroelectric Crane or any
equipment involved at the port.
- Maintains equipment by performing preventative maintenance
(i.e., lubricating, cleaning, adding gear lubricants, changing
cables and document all activities performed daily).
- Inspect all moving parts, cables, pendant lines, sheaves, and
- Responsible always for the safety of barge, truck or rail cars,
and all crew members in the area.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls such as pedals, levers,
and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and minor repairs.
- Moves levers to control equipment movement and
- Other duties as assigned. Uses proper and safe loading and
- Reading work orders and loading trucks, railcars, and barges
with specified product.
- Load and offload material to and from barge, truck, rail car
- Daily clean-up of work area.
- Follows the Companies and the Clients safety rules and report
equipment safety deficiencies immediately.
- Maintain and use appropriate PPE- hard hat, vest, safety
glasses, gloves, steel toed boots.
- Preferred overhead crane certification.
- Must know requirements for cable weight limitations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's
- Must be able to work with a team and take direction from
- Must be willing to work shift and/or overtime hours during the
week/weekends as dictated by operations.
- Ability to pass training and required testing.
- Must have flexible schedule
- Must have recent work history.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Work in areas with full exposure to the elements
- Proven track record working cross-functionally.
- Ability to work well with all levels of team members with
different backgrounds and needs.
- Must be able to work independently based on periodic guidance
- Must be able to perform tasks in a timely and safe matter.
Benefits of Working with Beemac:
- Hourly Rate: $15-$20 (based on experience).
- We are 100% employee owned! (20% annual investment).
- Shift differential pay!
- Health/Dental/Vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Vacation Holidays.
- 401(k) program plus company matching.
- Safety shoes allowance.
Established in 1984, Beemac Trucking is a premier transportation
company providing asset-based trucking, logistics, port,
warehousing, and specialized services to customers throughout North
America. Headquartered in Ambridge, PA, Beemac operates over 400
trucks, and has 28 terminals nationwide. Beemac Trucking has long
recognized our customers' desire to reduce transportation costs
while efficiently managing their inventory. To fill this need
Beemac has opened a Transloading, and Warehousing facility located
in Leetsdale, PA.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Beemac Logistics, Pittsburgh , Crane Operator, Other , Beaver, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!