• Accountable for developing and driving the global
cybersecurity operational strategies and initiatives
• Leadership of the security operations team including hiring,
developing & retaining talent, performance reviews, workload
assignment and process development
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with IT and Plant
Operations teams throughout the company to coordinate efforts and
strategies to protect critical systems
• Communicate vertically and horizontally to keep stakeholders
informed and involved on Security Operations matters.
• Responsible for operationalizing incident response. Lead
technical efforts during a critical incident
• Review technologies/services and make recommendations on use,
while continuing to focus on business enablement.
• Responsible for security engineering and architecture. Provide
recommendations for effectively implementing technical layers of
defense using a risk based approach.
• Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and changing threat
• Responsible for leading the vulnerability management and end
point security programs including KPI development and
• Manage the Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Establish key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and
report on performance; provide reporting to senior management on
operations performance and status of initiatives.
• Lead investigative efforts while working closely with
corporate security and legal.
• Implementation of threat intelligence and threat hunting
programs to proactively address threats.
• Ensure Security Operations tools are effectively utilized and
operating, identify gaps in process or procedure and implement new
• Maintain effective relationships with governmental units at
the federal, state and local levels as well as industry peers.
• Manage the cybersecurity operations budget.
• Bachelor’s Degree required / Master’s degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in information security.
• 3+ years in a leadership role managing technical
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Experience developing KPIs and strategic objectives
• Experience securing both IT and OT environments.
• Experience leading incident response activities, including
experience responding to critical incidents.
• Experience managing a 3rd party SOC.
• Experience managing budgets (both capital and opex).
• Proven experience with information security tools (log
management, endpoint management, firewalls, VPNs, etc).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a “Secret” security clearance
from the Federal Government.
• Ability to respond to critical incidents on a 24 hour, seven
day a week basis.
• Demonstrated project management skills, specifically managing
multiple, concurrent projects.
• 5+ years of hands-on SOC experience
• Professional certification in information protection,
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Auto req ID
IT - Cybersecurity
PITTSBURGH SERVICE CENTER
Work Location - City
US - PA
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact,
countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it.
From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more
fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes
stronger and tubular products that support the development of our
nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for
people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting
transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a
company set apart from the competition through the talent of our
people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our
performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us
create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently
out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and
creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of
innovative steel products and solutions.
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values
of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship,
results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving
quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment
of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas
that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal
employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion,
ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex,
gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran
or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for
information regarding collection of personal information and U. S.
Steel's privacy practices.)