Vice President, Retirement Plan Sales (Pittsburgh) Are you
a sales professional ready to join an exciting organization with
great opportunities for growth?
- Are you well-versed in 401k and other types of retirement
- Do you have a track record of success in selling
institutional retirement plans?
If so, join us at USI Insurance Consulting Group! We are part of
a $2 billion, privately held insurance brokerage company with
tremendous growth opportunities, and we are disrupting the
insurance marketplace. Learn more about our impact
at http://bit.ly/USIDisrupter .
USI Consulting Group (USICG) is a premier provider of defined
contribution and defined benefit plan consulting and administration
services. We are an affiliate company of both USI Securities, Inc.
(a broker-dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC) and USI Advisors, Inc. (a
federally registered investment adviser) and a wholly owned
subsidiary of USI Insurance Services LLC. We are a team of just
under 300 associates and growing. We are very competitive and enjoy
a strong reputation in the mid-market space, with over $50 million
in U.S. revenue and an affiliated advisor with over $19 billion in
assets under advisement.
USICG provides specialized expertise in retirement plan design,
administration, consulting, investments, regulatory & compliance
for thousands of clients nationwide in the $5M - $200M marketplace.
Our clients consist of public and private sector employers,
not-for-profit organizations, mid-market and Fortune 1000
As a USICG VP, Retirement Plan Sales, you will be in an outside
sales consulting position responsible for all aspects of the sales
process from prospecting to closing business. You will be seeking
out new relationships with various plan sponsors, centers of
influence and strategic partners. You will focus on retirement
planning to include Investment Advisory, Defined Benefit,
non-qualified plans and Defined Contribution solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Primary focus on new business development, in connection
with an annual production requirement, includes lead generation
campaigns, cold calling, letters, etc.
• Drive consistent and predictable profitability, and
organic growth to support overall revenue goals.
• Seek out new relationships with various plan sponsors,
centers of influence, and strategic partners, producers and sales
representatives around the country.
• Develop relationships with various plan sponsors, centers
of influence and alliance partners, producers and sales
representatives on a local and regional level to ensure wide
distribution of all products and services.
• Demonstrate proficiency at discovery process (sales due
diligence) and conceptual presentation promoting USI competitive
differentiation, including proficiency at understanding,
articulating and delivering the USI ONE Advantage and specific
solutions customized to each prospect.
• Manage multiple facets of the sales process, including
coordination of meetings, support materials, follow-up tasks, phone
calls, proposals, presentations, closing business, etc.
• Input accurate and timely information into sales
automation platform (CRM) relative to first appointments, follow-up
appointments, conceptual/finalist meetings, etc to facilitate
realistic corporate sales and revenue projections.
• Prepare for and participate actively in the Get, Prep,
Close and Keep meetings for all first appointments; close
presentations, and individual Producer 1:1 meetings.
• Develop and oversee preparation of proposals for USICG
prospects, gathering necessary information required for the
proposal to a prospect and collaborating with department heads and
consultants in determining what is needed.
• Compile and send out responses to Requests for Proposals
(RFPs). Assists in the completion of RFPs that are deemed good fits
for the organization.
• Drive and support cross-selling strategies for existing
clients, as well as new relationships.
• Attend and actively participate in USI sales training as
required including USI Fast Start.
• Other duties or tasks as may be necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in retirement plan
• Requires Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses or willingness to
• Requires a strong financial aptitude.
• Computer literate. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and
• Detailed and organized.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Notice to 3rd Party Recruiters We endeavor to make this site
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us,
please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595