Software Engineer, Commands
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Autonomic's open, cloud-based platform - the Transportation
Mobility Cloud (TMC) will connect the diverse components of urban
mobility systems - connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians,
city infrastructure and service providers - with the goal of
orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
About the Commands Team:
The Commands team builds and runs the services and capabilities
that enable cloud-to-vehicle communication, to support customers'
ability to interact with their vehicles via the TMC. This includes
front-end APIs, stateful command management systems, and
translation layers that allow commands to operate with a range of
vehicle protocols. You'll join the dynamic team to build and grow
Au's highly available commands solution in order to enable our
customers to create a host of applications that facilitate retail
command and control behaviors, autonomous vehicle management,
over-the-air updates, and more.
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable services that
facilitates communication to and from the vehicles
- Write clean, efficient and testable code using Java
- Nurture inter-team synergy and facilitate cross-team
collaboration with positivity.
- Support the highly available services in multiple production
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major with 3+
years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience designing, building and delivering
micro-services using Java
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, design
patterns, and micro-service architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Extremely focused with minute attention to detail, accuracy,
and our customer's needs
- Self motivated and self initiated who can work effectively both
independently as well as within a team.
- An ability, experience and passion to support your services in
- Experience building and designing high performance distributed
systems solving large scale engineering challenges.
- Experience with components of our tech stack: Spring, Postgres,
gRPC, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with AWS, GCP or any public cloud
- Experience in working with observability/traceability
technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, Honeycomb, Jaeger etc.
- Knowledge of distributed messaging and streaming platforms,
such as Apache Kafka and stream processing.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still
interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and
we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the
future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job
competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired
with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore
differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best
align with the competencies of the role and your specific
background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to
foster a diverse workforce, free from harassment and
discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds
prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic's equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees,
all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the
recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed,
are available upon request. Please let us know if you need
assistance completing or participating in the application
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset,
and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which
different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the
duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this
culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks.
Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background
checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain
and correct any criminal history background information during the
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this
application and will, in the future, provide accurate information
throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or
omission of requested information may result in disqualification
from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired,
termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement,
that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at
will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of
satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof
of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable
Keywords: Autonomic, Pittsburgh , Software Engineer, Commands, IT / Software / Systems , Toronto, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!