Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job SummaryOur Gourmet Chefs are involved in all aspects of the
day-to-day Central Kitchen/Market District operations. They are
responsible for food preparation, food quality, merchandising,
customer service, and food safety standards. In addition, they are
responsible for maintaining constant food education of associates
and customers, and constantly work to increase profitability and
promote future growth.Job Description
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Advanced Culinary Degree, Bachelors Degree;
Culinary Awards or accreditation; Food Safety Awareness
- Education Desired: Associates Degree
- Certification or Licensing Required: Serv-Safe Certification a
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 poundsJob Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not
limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food
knowledge with fellow Team Members and customers.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques,
and provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which
embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members,
Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by ensuring that
all Food Safety, Food Holding, Temperature, and OSHA standards are
- In conjunction with the Kitchen Manager/Prepared Foods Manager,
manage inventories weekly. Prepare food ingredients, and products
that allow for efficient management of the business. Assist
Department Manager with monthly inventory taking process.
- Meet or exceed budgeted guidelines for food cost percentage.
Minimize product waste and ensure that production is followed
strictly on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of
activities is available.
- Participate in the preparation and production of catering and
all food areas.
- Monitor adherence to Company policies, procedures, and
standards to ensure the Company requirements are met.
- Follow strict recipe and merchandising guidelines to ensure
that company direction is followed.
- Participate with the business group in quarterly reviews and
training sessions, and other functions at Management's
discretion.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food,
fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places
for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together
to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , Gourmet Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Wexford, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!