Team Leader Assistant, Prepared Foods
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job SummaryTo provide leadership to Team Members in all aspects
of the department through coaching and mentoring. To stimulate the
growth of the business by implementing merchandising initiatives
and building lifelong relationships with our customers.Job
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Maintain food quality standards without variation; maintain
high standards of food safety and sanitation;and maintain all
equipment in good working order.
- Supervise prepared food team members to achieve maximum
production and efficiency when Prep Foods Team Leader/Manager is
- Assist Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager in controlling
operating expenses and achieve budgetedfood and labor cost;
understand P&L/LOB reports.
- Manage the department team members by writing schedules and
work assignments and enforcing allcompany policies.
- Increase profits by supporting in store ads, sampling, and
special events. Being aware of competitors inarea.
- Organize and maintain all food storage areas in accordance with
health and safety requirements. Including labeling/code dating,
cross contamination, and temperature.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation is
available for review during variousaudits.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Survey and Mystery Shopper
reports to identify areas in whichimprovement is needed. Work
together with Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager to coach
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed to meet the
out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of team members and identify
candidates for ManagementDevelopment Program.
- Prepare food for customers by cooking, frying, and grilling.
Process includes prep work such as chopping, dicing, and
- Reading recipes and following instructions.
- Set up Gourmet food cases, maintain display throughout the
- Package, weigh, and display food for Grab and Go case. Check
dates on products routinely.
- Suggestive selling with knowledge of products in department.
Sampling products for customers.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're
more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family
of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and
soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing
environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow.
Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the
top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our
GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we
are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Pittsburgh , Team Leader Assistant, Prepared Foods, Hospitality & Tourism , Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!