Remote Customer Service Representative (EST. and CST. Time Zones)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are looking for
Remote agents that are take-charge type of people, confident
decision makers, and go-getters who know their strengths. If you
like to take control of a situation, enjoy problem solving and
guiding people to success, this is the role for you. As a remote
Customer Service Representative, you will work from your home while
holding yourself accountable for your success and proactively
supporting our customers. You are customer focused, curious, and
love working with others in a virtual setting.
The ideal candidate will meet the below criteria:
Wired internet with speeds meeting 10Mbps download and 4Mbps upload
(if multiple devices are using internet during your working hours,
add 5Mbps download and 2Mbps upload to the baseline, per device
used). Have a designated work space that is distraction-free and
allows you to give your full attention to the customer during your
Schedule - Mon-Fri 10:30am to 7pm CST or 11:30am to 8pm EST. No
weekends. No overnights
Hours are set. We don't do any shift/hour bidding
The job is 100% remote. You get to work out of the comfort of your
We provide all technology and equipment. No need to use your
Training time is paid. Approximately 4 weeks of training
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing
customer purchase orders, resolving issues, handling inquiries,
cross referencing, expediting, and communication with suppliers,
customers and sales representatives. Serves as a liaison with all
parties to enable sales growth.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
* Maintains and attracts potential customers by handling inbound
sales and customer communication (calls/emails/click-to-chat)
relating to service status or challenges/concerns/issues within the
* Responsible for handling in-bound sales and customer
communication (calls/emails/click to chat) in the processing,
expediting, and troubleshooting of customer orders.
* Owns the customer request and experience from initiation to final
* Process, via computer, all customer requests. Utilize multiple
and often complex systems, programs, and monitors in order to
* Researches and resolves customer issues, expedites back orders,
handles returns and special requests. Resolves product or service
problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the
cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to
solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following
up to ensure resolution.
* Proactively interacts with outside sales force to ensure regular
communication on pricing and other customer concerns. Provides
high-level, quality service, closely aligned with sales, to enable
* Follows up with sales, suppliers, and customers on any
* Looks for opportunities to provide solutions.
* Makes recommendations on areas for process improvement.
* Make decisions based on policies and past precedence, seeking
guidance as necessary.
* Accountable to performance metrics such as schedule adherence,
productivity standards and quality standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
* High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor degree a plus
* 1-3 years applicable experience in a customer relationship type
role (sales, military, call center, etc)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must be a team player and be able to work with members of the
immediate team, as well as, employees outside the organization,
while demonstrating the ability to work independently
* Must be comfortable working in a matrix environment
* Possesses proven problem solving skills and resourcefulness
* Must be customer and sales focused
* Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and
* Possesses organization and time management skills
* Practices attentive and active listening
* Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude during
* Intermediate PC skills required; must be able to work in multiple
systems concurrently, often utilizing multiple monitors
* Familiarity with SAP system helpful
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are
used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but
does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, Pittsburgh , Remote Customer Service Representative (EST. and CST. Time Zones), Hospitality & Tourism , Indiana, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!