Company: The Verland Foundation Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:Verland is hiring Exceptional People to provide
Compassionate Care as a LICENSED PSYCHOLOGIST in the Sewickley Area
for our ICF- Campus. Our Mission is that "We believe that every
person deserves a safe, enriching, and stable environment in which
to thrive with dignity and respect. Our mission is to provide
individualized, innovative care and ongoing support for people in
our community with complex physical and intellectual challenges. "
Verland's Vision is simple "To lead the way in transformative care,
for those with complex needs, allowing all individuals the power to
live a life of dignity and contribute to our society to the full
extent of their abilities." The Verland Foundation, Inc. (TVFI) is
looking for part-time/flexible hours, Licensed Psychologist to lead
the design and implementation of behavioral interventions for those
with a primary diagnosis of intellectual/ developmental
disabilities within the Intermediate Care Facility. The
Psychologist plays a key role in overseeing the resident's
individualized psychosocial and behavioral services alongside the
Interdisciplinary Team members. This position offers flexible
scheduling as a salaried employee. Licensed Psychologist Duties
- Selects, administers and interprets intelligence,
neuropsychological, social development, interest, and other
objective psychological tests to diagnose individual psychological
disorders to guide appropriate treatment.
- Well-versed in Functional Behavior Analysis and/or Assessments
needed to guide the Behavior Support Plans, in collaboration with
the Behavior Specialist, and other medical professionals.
- Assists in obtaining and updating consents as indicated with
changes in resident's Behavior Support Plans and psychotropic
- Regular, direct interaction with our residents including
rounding, individualized treatments using psychological techniques,
and counselling to include staff, family and guardians as
- Provides training, in-servicing and orientation to designated
staff regarding behavioral approaches, techniques, methodology and
other pertinent information as identified by the Interdisciplinary
- Provides Victims Assistance Program follow-up as needed, in
collaboration with the Behavior Specialist.
- Serves on the Human Rights Committee.
- Completes all necessary documentation, such as 60 and 90-day
reviews and procedures, annual assessments and clinical
observations in the Adult Training Facility and individual
- Regular, consistent participation in the Interdisciplinary Team
Process, including attendance at intermittent, annual and quarterly
client meetings as needed.
- Competently supports care in a manner consistent with National
and State regulations.
- Supports client care delivery in accordance with
facility/departmental/regulatory/payor policies and procedures for
clinical setting and population served.
- Creates and updates Psychology-related policies and
- Coordinates the resident's plans of care with the Medical
Director, Psychiatrist, Behavior Specialist, Nursing Team,
therapists, outside providers and all relevant medical professions
and persons involved in the resident's care. Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills are necessary to
present ideas, programs and progress reports concerning individuals
to staff, parents and other departments.
- Ability to interact well with all departments and across
- Must demonstrate good organizational and interpersonal
- Knowledgeable in and exercise appropriate body mechanics during
treatment.MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution.
- Active licensure with the state of Pennsylvania, in good
- 1-3 year of experience working with individuals with
intellectual disabilities (IDD) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, email
communication, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- On-the-job training is provided by the Clinical Department on
various interdepartmental methods and procedures.
- Requires CPR and Basic Life Support certification through AHA
within 6 months of hire.
- Must have Act 33 and Act 34 clearances.
- Must have a valid driver's license. BENEFITS:
- Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive
- Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision Insurances
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403B - Traditional and Roth with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays Up to 2 weeks paid training provided by
Verland, to educate new hires on daily living skills, social
engagement, personal hygiene skills, along with each individual's
support plan/ personal development goals that are essential to
improve the daily lives of the individuals that we serve.
Completion of training is required at the start of
employment.Verland Family Values:Commitment to
CommunityCompassionate CareDedication to EmployeesTrust through
TransparencyWelcoming Diversity To learn more about our Mission,
Vision and Family Values check out our website at .
Keywords: The Verland Foundation Inc., Pittsburgh , Licensed Psychologist, Healthcare , Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!