Company: Adelphi Medical Staffing, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Adelphi is seeking a physician to provide psychiatric case review
services for an agency in the State of Pennsylvania. The physician
will be required to perform work that involves reviewing cases to
determine a claimant's eligibility for disability benefits under
the Social Security Act.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-120-03
• Profession: Physician
• Specialty: Psychiatrist
• Location: Greensburg, PA
• Job Type: Contract
• Coverage Type: Telepsychiatry, Clinical
• Contract Length: 3 years
• Clinical/Telework Schedule: Minimum 40 case reviews/ week
• Active Pennsylvania License
• Completed residency in psychiatry
• Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology with
certification in psychiatry
• Proficiency in using a computer with a Windows-based
• Experience performing psychiatric case review services for the
Disability Determination Service preferred but not mandatory
• Review claims for disability under the Social Security Act to
help determine eligibility for benefits.
• Conduct case reviews by evaluating the degree and duration of
impairment, determination of residual functional capacity, onset,
or cessation dates, etc.
• Consider evidence including but not limited to clinical signs,
symptoms, and laboratory findings, including the results of
• Consider evidence of an individual's functioning across different
• Complete any assigned case review within two (2) business days of
receiving a case assignment.
• Communicate with treating physicians and other health care
providers to elicit or clarify medical evidence.
• Complete forms explaining medical determinations, adequacy of
documentation, and any other matter needed to support the
• Record findings in the Bureau's electronic process systems as
specified by the Bureau's case review policies and procedures.
• Attend ongoing training necessary to perform independent case
reviews and meet mandated training requirements e.g SSA/BDD policy
updates, procedural changes,
or regulatory changes.
• Attend required meetings, briefings, and workgroups necessary to
perform independent case reviews.
• Provide a satisfactory written assessment that can be utilized by
others in the disability program.
• Keep abreast of SSA policy and current medical research, as this
is necessary for a successful independent case review
• Ensure case reviews address all relevant issues in accordance
with applicable SSA authorities including, but not limited to the
Social Security Act, SSA's Program
Operations Manual System (POMS), federal regulations, Social
Security Rulings, and Acquiescence Rulings.
Non-Case Review Services:
• Participate in presentations related to the contractor's medical
specialty and the application of disability policies.
• Provide consultation and expertise on policy development issues
including written and/or oral summarizations.
• Participate in workgroups, visits, and meetings as requested by
the agency to discuss issues related to the disability process;
e.g. new medical technologies, revision of medical listings, and
other policy issues.
• Assist the agency in providing one-on-one orientation to other
• Assist with training of other medical staff and lay staff.
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Adelphi Medical Staffing, LLC, Pittsburgh , Psychiatrist #BD-120-03, Healthcare , Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!