Dedicated Transport Nurse
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full Time36 hours per weekNight shift -
The Dedicated Transport Nurse provides to individuals and groups,
nursing care requiring specialized knowledge, judgment and skill
derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral,
social, and nursing sciences and assesses, plans, implements,
evaluates and directs care for premature, neonatal, pediatric and
adult patients during transport, in accordance with departmental
standards of care and practice. Compliance with Commission on
Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) standards
- Provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring
specialized knowledge, judgment and skill derived from the
principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and directs care for
premature, neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport
in accordance with departmental standards of care and
- Participates in the education of referral staff, patients,
parents and Akron Children's Hospital staff.
- Provides care when temporarily dispatched to an area throughout
the Akron Children's Hospital Mahoning Valley campus to task and
assist, based on patient needs, that require similar knowledge and
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational and safety
needs of the patients served, regardless of age.
- Checks all transport equipment daily and logs check completion
on appropriate forms.
- Maintains all equipment in proper working order.
- Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Experience in critical care is required. Critical care
experience is defined as no less than 3 years or 4,000 hours, as
defined by CAMTS, that must be part of an academic or tertiary care
center (includes Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Emergency
Department (ED), Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) or Intensive
Care Unit (ICU).
- Experience in burn care is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is preferred. Electronic health record software used for
inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software
used for transport is preferred. -Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing [BSN] is required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio is
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Heart Code support
certification (BLS)* (required upon hire).
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Emergency
Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B) are required by first
anniversary of date of hire.
- Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Labs, Emotional
Support (STABLE), Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) and Pediatric
Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (PFCCS) - certifications are
required by first anniversary of date of hire.
- Nursing Specialty Certification such as Certified Flight
Registered Nurse (CFRN), Certified Transport Registered Nurse
(CTRN), or Certified Neonatal/Pediatric Transport (C-NPT), is
required by second anniversary of date of hire.4. Years of
experience: 3 years is required (see definition of critical care
experience listed above). -Full Time -FTE: 0.900000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh , Dedicated Transport Nurse, Healthcare , Edinburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!