Clinical Pharmacist Specialist Emergency Dept.
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full Time, Three 12 hour shifts, Sun thru Friday, 9am to 9pm for
the Boardman Emergency Dept.
The Pharmacy Clinical Specialist is responsible for all drug
distribution and control activities for the assigned patient care
area. Evaluates, processes and monitors physician orders for
patient medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, serves as a
reliable source of drug information, provides expert consultation
to healthcare professionals and ensures proper pharmacotherapeutics
for all patients.
Performs complex clinical pharmacy services including drug therapy
management, pharmacokinetics, multidisciplinary rounding, therapy
protocol development and implementation, assist in operational
initiatives and implementation, manages adverse drug reactions and
medication errors and evaluates non-formulary requests.
- Assists nurses and prescribers with medication use challenges
and medication cost containment.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all drug distribution and
control functions of pharmacy operations. Works effectively with
pharmacy staff and other clinical staff regarding operational
- Evaluates drug therapy orders for appropriateness of dose,
route, interval, schedule, duration, disease state, and organ
- Monitors effects of drug therapy.
- Documents interventions appropriately in electronic medical
- Provides drug education and counsels patients on appropriate
drug use and storage.
- Precepts the pharmacy resident(s)/students and provides
effective and timely feedback on the resident's progress.
- Provides mandatory education presentations to staff
- Employs drug usage evaluation information to alter therapy
effectively and participates in drug use evaluation programs.
Active participant in Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee as
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age. Maintains knowledge
and participates in accreditation activities.
- Performs all the duties of a centralized staff pharmacist when
- Participates in and accepts change as operations demand,
including strategies designed to strengthen pharmacy programs.
- Assist with administrative duties as required.
- Other duties as required. Technical Expertise
- Experience and knowledge of appropriate drug use for
adult/pediatric/neonatal patients is required (depending on patient
- Experience with interdepartmental collaboration among all
levels within an organization is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required. Maintains proficiency with Epic Willow and/or
Ambulatory software.Education and Experience
- Education: Doctor of Pharmacy Degree is required or BS pharmacy
degree with extensive pediatric experience.
- Licensure: Current License by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
- Certification: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
(BCPS), Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist (BCPPS), or
other BPS Board Certification is required within one year of
- A Post Graduate Year 1 Pharmacy Residency (PGY1) required and
PGY2 Residency strongly encouraged, depending on practice
- Years of relevant experience: 1-2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Position: ALLIED HEALTH PHARM
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Pittsburgh , Clinical Pharmacist Specialist Emergency Dept., Healthcare , Volant, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!